Part 32

A few months later .....

It's no secret that Leah and I had communication issues, it was something we were aware of and had spoken about. However, of course we couldn't be perfect, and often found ourselves snapping at one another over the smallest of inconveniences.

Flashback 1

Mel's Pov

Today Arsenal was playing against City at home and Leah, as usual, decided to leave packing her bag until the last minute, causing her to stress.

"I put them in here." Leah huffed, pulling all the other pairs of socks out of the drawer as she searched for her match day socks.

I on the other hand had learnt the best thing to do in situations like this was leave Leah too it, as she always found what she had misplaced, despite insisting she put them away where they belong.

Leah's frustration increased as I decided to give a hand in locating her socks.

As I entered my way into the bedroom, I smiled slightly at Leah as I began searching around the room.

"I don't need your help" Leah snapped. I knew it wasn't a personal attack and instead was laced with frustration as Leah was a punctual person, so anything which led her to believe she was running late caused her to panic.

Opting to ignore her outburst, I continued to help look for Leah's socks, an act which was done in silence as no words were shared between either of us.

After around 10 minutes I had finally managed, to find the socks rolled into a pair under the bed. They must have fallen off the bed without Leah noticing.

I placed them on top of Leah's bag and exited the room, again still in silence.

Although I knew Leah didn't mean the random outburst, it still hurt hearing her speak to me like that.

Instead of reacting I headed back to kitchen where I found my seat from earlier and continued to scroll through social media.

Indulged in my phone I hadn't realised Leah had sheepishly made her way into the kitchen and was heading towards me. Instead, felt her arms wrap around my waist as she pulled my body into her chest. Placing gentle soft kisses to the side of my neck.

"I'm sorry for snapping" she murmured as her lips grazed against my skin, causing goosebumps to appear across my skin.

"It's okay, you should get going, don't want you to be late for the coach."

"Can I have a kiss first?" The vulnerability in her voice caused my heart to implode with butterflies, and of course I couldn't deny her kisses.

I turned to face the beautiful blonde who's arms were still wrapped around my waist.

"Of course," I smiled I placed a loving kiss to her lips.

"Now go, or you're really gonna be late" I warned her.

"I'm going, I'm going..... I love you."

Even when she acts like a stroppy teenager, I can't help but fall further in love with her.

End of flashback

--------------------------------------------------

Flashback 2

Leah's Pov

As time had passed, the relationship between Mel and I had gotten stronger, opting so take it in turns spending the night at one another's house as neither of us liked to sleep alone unless we had no other option, like my away games or camp.