Part 21

Mel's Pov

The following day at work went by fast thankfully. There was a steady pace at work and so it was a relaxing day overall – nothing we couldn't manage.

Leah was due to finish training at 2pm and had agreed to pick me up at 4 where we would head to her mums together.

Although I was excited to see Leah, I was also apprehensive as to being around her family. The last time I was in their presence Leah seemed to disregard our growing relationship and instead introduced me as her 'friend'.

However, I decided to be optimistic about tonight. I had decided to give Leah a chance, and for that to work, I couldn't allow myself to be suppressed by the past. That's one thing that I have struggled with throughout my life, I find it hard to let go. Especially when I have been wronged, although I know it isn't healthy to think this way, it is something which sometimes goes unnoticed until I realise too late, and the damage has already been done.

I knew, however, for this to work between Leah and I, I would need to take control of my emotions, and allow the past to remain in the past.

As 4pm approached, right on time I received a text message from Leah as she informed me, she had arrived and was waiting in the car park. Glancing at myself one last time in the mirror checking to make sure I looked presentable, I quickly closed the front door behind me as I speedily made my way towards Leah's car.

As I took my place in the passenger seat, I glanced at Leah and took in her appearance. She was wearing a pair of Nike Jordan fleece shorts with a matching crew neck sweatshirt; her hair was down and rested just below her shoulders and she had completed the look with a dark grey hat. Although her look was effortless, I couldn't help but admire how beautiful she looked.

I on the other hand had opted to wear a pair of blue jeans with a white plain T-shirt and a pair of white Nike air force. I didn't want to get too dressy as we would only be sitting in Leah's family home as we entertained one another with games night.

"Hey, you... you ready to go?" Leah smiled before placing a peck on my lips.

"Ready when you are." I grinned back at the blonde.

The drive to Milton Keynes only lasted around 40 minutes or so as the traffic was clear. This was the perfect length of time for me to calm the nerves which had risen as we approached the Williamson family household.

"Who's going to be here?" I questioned Leah as we pulled up outside the house, my leg began to bounce uncontrollably as I struggled to contain the nerves.

"Just us, my mum, dad, Jacob, and my gran. Don't worry it'll be fine." She assured me by placing her hand on my thigh in a bid to calm my nerves.

"Okay" I sighed.

"Come on, they'll be waiting for us before they start."

As we exited the car, Leah waited for me before guiding me to the front door. Before entering she pulled me into a tight, but loving hug as she whispered reassurances into my ear.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She questioned.

"I'm sure." I smiled back.

And with that, Leah placed 3 stern knocks on the front door as we waited for it to be answered.

A few seconds later we were greeted by Leah's mum, Amanda. Whose eyes lit up once they fell on the two of us stood on the doorstep.

"Come in, come in" she thrills as she ushered us inside.

Stood in the hallway to Amanda's home, me and Leah began to remove our shoes. Once we had done so we were greeted properly, this time by Amanda.

"Bubba! I'm so glad you could make it tonight." Amanda exclaimed before pulling her daughter into a hug.