Part 7

Beginning to awake, my eyes started to flutter as I was disorientated at first, looking around the room trying to catch my bearings. That was until I felt the slight rise and fall of Leah's chest beneath my head which was laying across her making me quickly remember I was in her house. Her arms remained wrapped around me holding me against her body. I gently lifted my phone out of my pocket to check the time.

12.15am shit. I didn't mean to fall asleep, but I knew I couldn't stay here. As I gently untangled myself from Leah's soft grasp, I lifted myself off from the sofa and crept around the living room collecting my belongings. Leah had a game tomorrow, and I was back in work myself so we both needed a good night's sleep. Once I had gathered my belongings and laced up my trainers, I tip-toed over to Leah, not wanting to startle her as I attempted to wake her up.

Crouching down beside her, I placed my hand on her knee as I began to shake her softly. A groan left her mouth as she rolled to the side facing away from me, snuggling her face into the back of the sofa.

"Leah, come on you need to take yourself to bed." I whispered as I continued to gently shake her leg.

After a few attempts, Leah finally rolled back over so her head was now centimetres away from mine. Eventually peeling her eyes open, she quickly closed them again before opening one eye as she attempted to regain full focus.

"What time is it?" She croaked causing me to let a chuckle at the sound of her voice.

"It's 20 past 12, you have a game tomorrow, so you need to go to bed, I'm going to leave now".

"Can you not please stay? It's too late to drive home" She was now sat up, rubbing her tired eyes.

"I'm sorry but I can't, you have a game tomorrow and I have to be at the bakery early to open up" I responded with a sympathetic smile.

Of course, I wanted to stay, I wanted to crawl back beside her and have her arms wrapped around my body as I listened to heartbeat which soothed me to sleep, just as it did early. However, I had to remain practical and realistic. We had only met one another 3 times, and I wasn't one for just jumping into bed with someone, even if nothing like that would happen.

Leah was different, the affect she had on me was one I had never felt before, even during previous relationships. When we kissed early tonight, I felt as though it had lit a spark between us, one that I'm sure she felt too. But at the same time, if something was going to develop, I didn't want it to be rushed or forced, which was my exact reasoning for not staying the night tonight.

I headed to the front door with Leah following closely behind me as she insisted on showing me out. Just before I opened the front door, I hard Leah clear her throat.

"Uhm, could I maybe get your number please?" She muttered; she looks cute when she's nervous.

It amazed me how she could be so confident and dominating in some situations, and in other's she let her nerves get the best of her. After swapping phone numbers, I pulled Leah into a hug to say goodbye. Just before we pulled away from one another, I placed a firm kiss on the side of her cheek, thanking her for tonight.

Turning away to exit her house, I felt her hand grab my wrist, causing me to pivot back to facing her. Leah placed one hand on the side of my waist whilst the other hand slid up the side of my neck, pulling me closer to her. Her lips delicately met my own, leaving a long peck on my lips. The kiss wasn't as passionate as the one we had shared earlier, but in its own way, it felt just as passionate.

Finally saying our goodbyes, I entered my car and began the drive home. A warm feeling in the pit of my stomach and my heart feeling content. What a week this has been.