15|AUDIO #143

ANDI TOOK A SIP OF COFFEE as she adjusted her headphones. She felt a hand rest on her shoulder making her jump. She turned to see Chan, "Sorry I probably should've called."

Andi removed her headphones, "It's fine. I am happy you're here, I wanted us to talk." She said as she turned her chair to face him.

Chan grabbed the chair nearby and took a seat. "I feel like there's been a lot of tension between us the past few days and I just want to clear the air. I know the last time we were in the studio, I crossed a line. It was wrong for me to assume you would just jump on a song because I asked. We do things differently, I keep forgetting that even though we both make music, we're from two different worlds. I am sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable."

Chan was taken aback by Andi's words. "Last night I found the solution to our little problem. You know how I said one of my favorite bands is Dayseeker, well I reached out and they loved the song. Rory, their lead singer even suggested that I be the feature on the song." Andi said. She was genuinely excited but the new information had made Chan's heart sink, "But it's your song why would you give it away."

"My vision for the song was with you and I didn't want our friendship to end over my stubbornness. So I did what I needed to do. Now things can go back to normal." She smiled. The Latina sighed and ran a hand through her hair, "You don't seem happy about it."

"Cause I am not. That song meant everything to you and you just gave it away because of me. Why?"

"Because I value our friendship more," She said.

"That's sweet but I would never want you to give away anything that meant something to you."

"Chan, I didn't ask for your permission. I know what I am doing." Before Chan could reply Andi's phone began to ring. The Latina reached for her phone turning it over to read the caller ID, San. San was calling her. Andi quickly answered, "Hello beautiful, I am downstairs. Are you ready to go??"

Andi smiled, "I was just finishing up. I'll be downstairs in 5mins." After hanging up Andi. She wouldn't be gone for long so she decided to take her things since she planned to come back. "I'll talk to you later." Chan simply nodded and watched her leave. A seconds after she had walked Changbin walked in. "That looked like it hurt."

"I don't want to hear it," Chan said.

"But you're going to anyway. She left to have lunch with San right? If only you would listen to us! That could be you. Just tell her how you feel."

"What do you want me to say? Hey Andi, what started as a crush has turned into so much more. I am in love with you. It's not that easy."

"Maybe not but you either live to tell her or live to regret it forever. Aiden let me know Andi was given a great opportunity. That band she likes so much Dayseeker, asked her to fly back to the States to co-write with them. The album should be done by the time her Asian leg of the tour starts."

Chan's heart sank to his stomach as sank into his chair. "What if I tell her and then she doesn't want to go?"

"Only time will tell. She deserves to know Chan."

☾ ✩           ✧

Lunch with San had been fun and a nice distraction from work and Andi's feelings for Chan. Both San and Andi stood outside the studio. "When can we do this again?" Sam asked.

Andi smiled, "Whenever you want." San couldn't help the smile on his face, he reached out to take her hand. "You might not want to tell me that or I'll be here every day. Hell, I won't ever leave." A light blush appeared on her cheeks as a giggle left her lips. "I'll let you get back to work this time." He teased. San kissed her cheek, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow." Andi smiled watching leave. When San was out of sight Andi finally went into the studio. She couldn't stop smiling San was the sweetest man she'd ever met and he genuinely wanted to know everything about her. It warmed her heart, but she wasn't sure if it was enough. Because all she had done during lunch was compare him to Chan and she couldn't help but hate herself for it. Here was San trying but Chan was all she could think about. Andi shook her head before sitting down to get to work.

She pulled up the file she had been previously working on and pressed play. The song began to play, the Latina smiled, happy with the way the song was turning out. Suddenly the music stopped, "That looked like it hurt." It was Changbin. Andi raised a brow confused. Had she left the mic on?

"I don't want to hear it," Chan said.
"But you're going to anyway. She left to have lunch with San right? If only you would listen to us! That could be you. Just tell her how you feel." Changbin begged.

"What do you want me to say? Hey Andi, what started as a crush has turned into so much more. I am madly and deeply in love with you and seeing you with San makes my blood boil. Yeah, I don't think so. It's not as easy as you think." Andi's heart raced at the confession. Chan's in love with her.

"Maybe not but you either live to tell her or live to regret it forever. Aiden let me know Andi was given a great opportunity. That band she likes so much Dayseeker, asked her to fly back to the States to co-write with them. The album should be done by the time her Asian leg of the tour starts."

"What if I tell her and then she doesn't want to go?" "You keep making decisions for her, it's like you forget who she is. This is Andi we're talking about. She's a badass independent woman, who can make her own decisions. I know what you're feeling is the fear of rejection, but for once in your life leap. I promise it'll be worth it."

Andi paused the audio and reached for her phone, making a call. "Andi? What's wrong?" Aiden asked.

"I... I" she couldn't find the words. And she wasn't sure she would ever. "Just sit tight I'll be there in 5"

Andi kept replaying the audio. Bang Chan was in love with her. Aiden rushed into the room closing the door behind him. "I got here as fast as I could. What's wrong?"

Andi couldn't find her words so she played the track back. "Did he know the mic was on?"

"I don't know. I didn't even know I left it on. This is wrong, right??" Aiden scratched the back of his head. "In what way? In; we just heard someone's private conversation in which they confess their feelings for you or in Chan's in love with you and you don't feel the same."

Andi bit her lip, "Yes and no. I feel guilty for hearing something so private but I am also relieved. Is that weird?"

"Relieved how?"

After a deep sigh, Andi closes her eyes. "This entire trip everyone we have come to interact with has said that Chan has feelings for me. That we should just stop wasting time and just get together. But no one saw what I did. Every time we would have a moment Chan would pull away or hold himself back. While you guys saw something so obvious I saw mixed signals."

Aiden signed and took a seat next to her. "What do you plan to do?"

"I don't know. A part of me feels guilty and the other wants to scream at Chan that I've been falling for him since we got here." Andi sighed as closed her laptop. "I should get some sleep, I have an early meeting tomorrow."

REWRITE THE STARS | BANGCHANजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें