13|PRIVATE + FORGIVENESS/PERMISSION

3:01 am

ANDI🤟🏽:
CHAN!

CHANNIE!!

C
H
A
N
N
I
E!!!!!

Are you ignoring me,
Christopher!!!

CHANNIE🐺:
Christopher? Not even
Chris!?

I like it better
when you call me
Chhaannniiieeee

I would never ignore
you

ANDI🤟🏽:
come to the studio now,
I just finished writing a
song. She's perfect

You need to hear it. I am
about to jump in the
booth. I have the music
done just need the vocals

CHANNIE🐺:
I am at the gym as
soon as I am done I'll
head over

ANDI🤟🏽:
sounds good!

Wait it's 3 am why are
u at the gym??

CHANNIE🐺:
I couldn't sleep so I figured
I would try to tire myself
out

ANDI🤟🏽:
Now I feel bad. Finish
your workout then go
get some sleep, the song
can wait

CHANNIE🐺:
too late already omw

ANDI🤟🏽:
Oh no you don't! Go to your
dorm and I'll head back to the
hotel. We are both in need of
some serious sleep! We can
work on the song another
day.

I am not taking no for an
answer!

Goodnight Channie

ANDI HAD JUST FINISHED packing up her things when she heard a knock. Confused the Latina walked over to the door opening it. In the doorway stood Chan in a black hoodie and a takeout bag in his hand. Andi couldn't help the smile on her face. "I thought we had agreed to go home and get some sleep."

A light blush appeared on the idol's cheeks, "I never agreed. I brought us some soup and Felix sent some brownies." He said as he made his way past her and into the studio. "So let me hear the song."

Andi bite the inside of her cheek, "I didn't record it. After we agreed to get some rest, I saved all my files and got ready to leave." Chan chuckled, "Like I said I never agreed. Now let me hear what you have so far."

"Chan as much as I want to, I really think we should get some sleep."

Chan set the bag he held on the table and walked over to the soundboard. "And I think we should listen to what you have so far, it's not like I am actually going to sleep anyways. Come on Andi please keep me company."

Andi's heart raced as she watched Chan. After her conversation with Changbin and Han, she'd become more aware of her feelings for Chan and right now all she could think about was being in his arms and just taking a nap. "Fine." The Latina walked over to her bag and pulled out her laptop and notebook. She passed Chan her laptop and let him connect it to the speakers and soundboard. Chan pulled up two chairs as Andi played the instrumentals she had recorded and produced.

"I like it but it would sound better with some lyrics, why don't you jump in the booth."

"I am guessing I don't really have a choice." Chan laughed before nodding. Andi wanted to be mad at him but she couldn't help but smile. They both needed sleep and she knew Chan needed it more than she did. But somehow he felt being here with her was far more important and that made Andi want to melt. She reached for her journal and got up, "But after this, we're at least taking a nap."

"Whatever you say. Now get in there and kill it." A light blush appeared on her cheeks. The brunette stepped into the booth and grabbed the headphones, placing them on her head. Chan smiled at her, a blush appearing on his cheeks as he watched and heard her sing. The song was beautiful and Chan was sure that there would never be anything more beautiful than Andi in her element.

"Channie," Andi said bringing him out of his daydream.

"Chris?? Are we good?" Chan nodded before pressing turning on his mic, "You sounded amazing Andi. Come hear it." The Latina ran out excited to see what it sounded like together. She took a seat and waited for Chan to play it back. The Australian idol watched as Andi's smile faded, he raises an eyebrow confused, he quickly paused the song. "What's wrong?"

"It's missing something. I really thought this was going to be my next single. The lyrics flowed perfectly and came together so easily, I really felt like it was perfect. I guess I was wrong." She groaned as she lifted her legs bring them onto the chair, pressing them against her chest. She wraps her around her legs and rests her chin on them. The Latina closed her eyes, "Maybe this is just one of those songs that finds a new home."

"There's no way I am letting that happen, this song needs to be yours. Its your story, your truth to share. So we're going to do as many takes as it takes for you to hear what I hear."

Andi looked up at Chan, "It's a painful truth I think a lot of people can relate to. So it doesn't matter who sings it."

"I can't relate to it. But hearing your emotion in the song its as if I have."

"Trust me, thats something you never want to feel. I thought Devon was it for me, that he was my person. I wanted to marry him. This song is bittersweet because I am admitting I saw the signs, signs I overlooked to make myself feel better. It's my closure."

"Exactly why you should kept it."
Andi sighed, "Can you play it again from the beginning?"

Andi listened closely, tapping her fingers to the beat. "Again." And as she heard the song for the fifth time, she realized what it was missing. "Channie, I know what it's missing."

"What is it?"

"You"

"I am sorry come again." Andi let go of her legs and let them fall. "It's missing you. It's a duet!"

"Me? Are you sure? I think it sounds amazing without a duet."

"Chan please.  Let me make the arrangements." She said she took her journal and began underlining the parts she believed were perfect for Chan. "Please Chan, it would be perfect with your voice." She begged sliding the journal his way.

Chan turned bright red as he scratched the back of his head, "I don't know Andi, I have to run it by the company first." He was flattered really but he wasn't sure it was a good idea.

"Really?" Her excitement quickly disappeared.

"Yeah, I am sorry."

"No, I am sorry. I forget that not everyone lives life, asking for forgiveness instead of permission. This is my art and I'd be crazy to let anyone tell me how to do it. It was a dumb idea anyways." Andi's eyes fell to her Apple Watch, 6 am. "Uhh I should go its pretty late and I have a pretty busy day planned." The Latina quickly packed her things and left the studio without another word.

Chan groaned as he covered his face. He should've told her that it was a great idea. He should've explained himself. But all he could think about was what would happen if had put his vocals on the track. JYP would have ripped the song from Andi's grasp, never to be seen again. And he couldn't do that to her not when he saw the excitement the song brought to her.