Chapter 12 Epilogue

EPILOGUE

HUNTER POV

My nerves were getting the better of me, as I stood with Hudson to wait for Sloan to come in view, and when she does my heart flipped and skipped a few beats. I was left without words, mesmerised by the breathtaking beauty of Sloan in her wedding dress. "Fuck, she's a goddess." I whispered, and Hudson squeezed my shoulder. "Mate, my sister is beautiful, and you make her happy. Welcome to the family, Hunter. Just don't fuck up." That was it Hudson had made my eyes water, and we bro hug just before Sloan reached us. 

As Sloan's father gave me her hand, the sound of giggling surrounded us. Sloan and I glanced towards my mother who was holding our son Chance and daughter Sky. I smiled then faced the vicar to marry the woman who I fell so hard for, I still can't believe it. 

The one woman who was off-limits.

Once we exchanged the traditional vows, we couldn't resist stealing a passionate kiss before picking up the twins for a few adorable snapshots. As the afternoon wore on, both of the twins became increasingly tired, while my mother continued to be helpful. In fact, she changed so much when I said I was with Sloan and we were expecting a baby. It was a shock that we had twins, but I was overjoyed, when they were born and I was there to watch them both be born.

They are almost two and challenging at times, but I love them unconditionally. And now Sloan is my wife. I'm just bursting with love, it's gushing out of my seams. We had our first dance and gazed so deeply I forgot where we were. "Mrs Grady, I love you. And you are beautiful." Kissed tenderly. "Are you trying to sweet-talk me?" I wiggled my brows as my lips sunk into hers. "Damn you Sloan." She giggles. "I hear that a lot at the office, too." "That's because you drive me crazy woman." All I wanted to do is hold her, but she needed to do a father and daughter dance, and I asked my mother. 

I stepped on to the dance floor with my mother. "Hunter, it's nice to see you happy. I love my grandbabies." "Mum, just be yourself, you haven't got to prove anything to anyone." She nods and had a few tears. "I know son, I'm grateful for having a second chance to be the mother I should. I love you Hunter, and I love Sloan. She's a good one." "Mum, she's means the world to me." My mother smiles and kisses my cheek. "You have done so well, and I'm proud of you." I rested my chin on my mother's shoulder to hold back my tears. "I love you mum." Yeah, my mother I might not see eye-to-eye, but I will always love her. And she apologised for the way she acted. Sloan was the one who reached out to my mother, and brought us back together. 

My wife knows my needs and when I'm unhappy, Sloan knows me which is more than any woman ever showed me. I could gush all day about how Sloan rocks my inner, and how sexy she is. I love her with everything I got, and we share two beautiful children together. Yep, it was tough to let Sloan go, but she came back to me. Sloan forgave me, and I will show her every day that I'm alive how much I love her.

***    

SLOAN POV

Just getting to this day was stressful enough, and now I'm married to a guy who annoyed the fuck out of me. A guy who showed me paradise when we made love. I finally got my sexy guy, and two children that I love unconditional. 

My brother cuts in to dance with me. "You look beautiful Sloan, and you made Hunter cry, don't tell him I told you." I smiled. "Hudson, thanks for all you do for me. And being here with us." "Hey, why the tears Sloan?" "I'm happy, for once. I feel like this is my forever, and I feel Hunter's love towards me." He pulls me tight, hugging me as we danced. "To be honest, I like Hunter a lot more than you think. He's a good guy and I see the way he stares at you from across the room. He's in love." I rested my head on his shoulder. "Hudson, we will always be there for one another?" He stops to glance at me. "Sloan, I'm always here no matter. I'm family and I love my nephew and niece. I enjoy spending time with them. So I will always be here for you, and for them." He kissed my cheek and hands my hand to my husband. 

I was in Hunter's embrace having our last dance before we head away for a couple of nights. We didn't want to leave the twins for too long. So we opted for two nights away, then coming back and taking a trip with the twins.

Yeah, not much of a honeymoon, but every day with Hunter is like a honeymoon, unless we are on a business trip. I always take the twins with me, and Hunter is always with me, too. 

This is where we say a few goodbyes and head to the hotel to have a couple of nights spending with Hunter in bed. 

Believe me, I can't wait to have that alone time, and to feel Hunter's fingers smooth over my exposed skin. What a judder to have just thinking about my husband that way. How lucky I am to gaze into his sexy blue eyes and know I'm in for a really good night. Oh, boy. Hunter rocks the foundation of my core, and turns my inner into a raising fire ready to blaze out of control. I love the guy so much it hurts at times when he steps away and I can't feel his warmth. 

"Sloan, come on babe, the car is waiting." "I'm coming babe." I watched Hunter lick his lips as he grips my hand and guides me into the back of the limo. Alone at last and we get to spend the rest of our lives together, to bring up our children. I hope we do have another one or two. But for now, I will soak up all the love Hunter gives me.

Damn you, Hunter, for making me fall in love with you. 

But I wouldn't change a single thing. 

  *****

SADLY THIS IS 

THE END

Hope you ejoyed this short story?