Twelve

PERCY

Boom. Cue entire world being tipped upside down. Without even bothering to explain to the teacher I scooped Annabeth up bridal style and legged it from the room, practically jumping down the step ladder from the classroom. I could hear faint shouts and curses echoing down the hallway. I could have been being chased by Zeus himself, but he couldn't have caught me. All that mattered right now was my child, and Annabeth. Nothing else, and it was killing me that I couldn't do anything about her faint groans and whimpers of pain. "Hey Annie?" I softly said as I was sprinting past the DADA classroom and a brilliant plan popped into my head. "What Perce?" She said through clenched teeth after a few seconds, the pain building. I quickly spit it out before I could annoy her or chicken out; "Will you marry me?" I can tell you all for a fact that she definitely did not expect that one. Her breath caught in her throat, and a small tear escaped her beautiful stormy eyes. For a moment, I think her pain ceased as her body fell limp in my arms, and I was slightly worried that she was going to say no. "Well- I mean if you don't want-!" She smiled at me tiredly as she put her finger to my lips, effectively silencing me. "I thought you would never ask Seaweed Brain"

We made it to the Room of Requirement in three minutes, a personal record for me. You see, I had been practicing for when the time came and I had to take Annie here, so I had been running from each of my lessons to here to see how quickly I could do it. I practically kicked open the door to find Apollo already there, stood next to a large tank of water. Forgettign the seriousness of the situation, I raised an eyebrow at Annabeth. "Is he planning to drown us or something? Because if he is we might be here for a while..." She rolled her eyes but then squeezed them shut as another contraction hit. "PERCY!" Oops, yeah... Baby... "Sorry! Um, Apollo, might be time to do your thing...? And really, what is it with the cyclops sized bath?" Apollo laughed good-naturedly and motioned for me to put Annabeth into said bath. "Well, seeing as your dad is Poseidon and he is here, I figured you might want a water birth?" I placed Annie in the water, and turned to see an over excited Poseidon. I exhaled with relief, I was gonna need him here, "Dad... I wasn't sure you would come!" He engulfed me in a hug and ruffled my hair. "I was not going to pass up seeing my new grandchild first!" I laugh at that, and was about to reply with some witty remark, when a loud scream tore through the air. Apollo looked over at us, and saw our faces like toddlers caught with their hands in the cookie jar. He sighed as he stated "Get your asses over here and help me! Can't do it all by myself, even though I am amazing... Hmm, that makes me think of a Haiku! - " Poseidon and I rushed to my fiancés side, while Dad clapped Apollo round the head. "Not the right time Apollo!" His eyes widened "Oh yeah! Annabeth, gonna need you to push now" Annabeth rolled her eyes "When this is over I swear to all the gods I will beat you up so bad!" The best part was when Apollo realised she wasn't kidding and gulped loudly.

For the next few hours, all that could be heard were Annabeth's earsplitting screams, while Apollo was calm as anything, seeing as he had done this a thousand times. Poseidon was using the water to support Annabeth and make her as comfortable as possible, while she was gripping my hand so hard I even felt my thumb dislocate, and I had to keep popping it back in every now and again. I figured that the pain I was feeling was nothing compared to hers so I said nothing. When it got to the point when I wasn't sure I could take it anymore, another scream joined Annabeth's. This scream however was much higher pitched, and not as loud. I pried open my red eyes, feeling the tears rise as I looked down. floating in a small dimple in the water was a tiny pink child, screaming its lungs out. My child. Annabeth's child. I know it sounds cliche, but it was by far the happiest moment of my life. Apollo scooped it up, and I had to quickly remind myself that this was Apollo, and he was harmless to my baby. Apollo quickly snipped the umbilical cord and tied a neat little knot, and wrapped the baby in a golden blanket whilst muttering, "Okay, born March 14th, 10pm..." My eyes had been glued on my son or daughter, and I hadn't noticed Annie being moved to a bed. Apollo guided me to the exhausted Annabeth, Poseidon at my heels with Apollo smiling brightly. "Its a Boy!"