Nine

ANNABETH

After that bombshell, a few things happened. The loudest squeal that you can imagine rebounded around the halls, the trees quivered and everyone had to shield their ears from the horrific sound. I quickly realised what was happening, and though I was shell shocked from Percy's announcement, I quickly shouted "TURN AROUND, NOW!" spurred into action, I spun around, my eyes tightly sealed. I just hoped that Harry had listened because no sooner than two seconds of me saying that a blinding golden flash illuminated the room. Once the light had dimmed enough that it wasn't painful to open my eyes, Percy, Thalia, Nico and I turned and knelt at the feet of the woman who stood gracefully giggling in front of me, at the confused face Harry. Aphrodite quickly squealed again and grabbed me gently by the elbows, lifting me to my feet. "Now Annabeth dear! You should know that with your... condition, you should not be in stressful situations!" She turned to face Laocoon and his wolves, who were standing, looking rather vexed on whether they should run, or attack even if they were in the presence of a Goddess. Aphrodite sent them a glare that pretty much translated to, Try and kill my OTP, and I will personally give you a full makeover and comb out your coats with a hacksaw. She huffed and quickly picked up a twig that had blown in through the window from her epic death-squeal. Silently, she winked at me, obviously she had been informed of our, erm, undercover situation. "Be Gone!" she stated, waving the pretend wand at the wolves, who instantly exploded into a shower of monster dust. Well who would have thought Aphrodite could do that... Probably would have been helpful in the last two wars, but you know, can't have it all I guess... She then turned her beaming smile to the wizard, who stood there drool escaping from his mouth. Harry was muttering something incoherently about Ginny, whilst looking adoringly at Aphrodite. Aphrodite smiled prettily at him, even though there was a hint of malice behind her, well, as I saw them, grey eyes. "Harry dear", she walked towards him slowly, her smile slowly disappearing. "If I see you or those other wizards trying to break up Percy and Annabeth again, you will have the worst love life in all of history. Have I made myself clear?" He nodded vigorously at the now grinning Goddess.

"Excellent"

PERCY

Even though I had been worried that Annabeth wouldn't take the news well, I was walking with a skip in my step behind Aphrodite. Thalia and Nico still looked confused, and slightly nervous. Harry had disappeared after Aphrodite had smiled at him, and asked sweetly, the charmspeak rolling off her in waves, "Harry darling, I suggest you forget everything you have seen and heard, and go back to your friends" Harry had nodded eagerly and ran off like a puppy that had been given a new chew toy. Aphrodite led us down countless corridors, twisting and turning so much that I though I was gonna throw up. Finally, after what felt like years, we arrived at a large wooden door. Aphrodite opened it, and ushered Annabeth and I inside, but before Thalia and Nico could enter, she held out her arm. "I need you two to guard the door. If anyone comes, stop them at all costs" Thalia and Nico nodded slowly, before turning around and closing the door behind them, and I heard a bold slide across.

Aphrodite got start to the point. "Oh! I'm just so excited! I couldn't wait to tell Percy" she giggled, "My favourite couple having a baby!" She dramatically put her hand to her forehead. "It is just going to be so gorgeous!" I chuckled nervously, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. "Well, you are going to have to wait nine months until you can see it, milady" Aphrodite just smiled even brighter, so much it almost hurt as much as looking at Apollo smile. Honestly it was frightening... "Ah, but my dears! I have hidden this meeting from your parents and the others, and seeing as you have to be here to protect Mr Potter, I understand that this is going to have to be a quick birth!" Annabeth, who had been silent until now piped up in a squeaky voice, "It is?!" Sensing her apprehension, I grasped her hand tightly, giving it a squeeze. Aphrodite stroked her chin, and then snapped her fingers. "I know!" Oh Hades, I don't like the sound of this... "I am going to move you along a bit, so that you have... Well I'd say about two weeks to prepare!" My jaw hit the floor, quite literally. I had fainted onto the ground.