Five

PERCY

I couldn't even contemplate what had just happened. I had been sitting at the table, staring at my plate not even feeling hungry, when the doors had burst open. The sudden noise had made me jump, and I reached for Riptide, which was tucked away in my pocket. The last thing I expected to see was the love of my life, Annabeth. She stood there facing me, and suddenly nothing else in the world mattered. Everything else faded away and all that was left was the shining star that stood across the table from me. "Wise Girl?" I couldn't believe that my voice didn't break down on me. All that I could focus on was getting to her as fast as possible and I barely even heard her call out my name as I rounded the end of the table. I felt every pair of eyes burning holes into the back of my head, but I couldn't care less. She was here. She is actually here! When I reached her, I wanted to ask how she had managed to convince Hecate to let her come, and how she had even got here, but then all my questions were swept away to another part of my mind as we collided. Everything about her just enveloped me, her smell, the feel of her hair against my cheek, the sound of her voice. I didn't care that we were both crying, and that her eyes were puffy and red, she was still the most gorgeous girl in the world to me, and more importantly maybe, my best friend. It physically pained me to know that she was hurting, and it hurt even worse to know that I had caused her to be hurt. After a while of us just sitting there and me comforting her, I whispered in her ear very softly, "I am so sorry Wise Girl, do you want to go to the lake I found on the way in? I think we need some alone time, If you could forgive me?" Gently she nodded into my neck and I stood to face the headmaster and the entire school, not caring if they thought I was weak because I was crying over some girl, because they didn't know that Annie was not just some girl. She was the girl. The ring that I had Leo and Tyson make was now feeling like it weighed 2 tonnes in my left pocket. I knew it was time, hell, I couldn't even last a day without her! I don't know how I would survive if something happened to me, or worse her. Us demigods had short, dangerous lives and I wanted to make the most of mine. I had to do this soon, but not tonight. I need Thalia and Nico to help plan the perfect proposal. Now, I needed to gain her trust again, beacause I knew that any second she would come to her senses and whoop my ass.

I had told Dumbledore about Annabeth and our adventures, and I had secretly confided in him how much I missed her. I knew he would understand, but I was about to strangle that red headed kid who was staring at my Wise Girl like a puppy would stare at a chew toy. We will be having chats later and I will have to teach him not to mess with another guys girl. Especially my girl. I knew Annabeth was too emotionally drained to walk so I picked her up in my arms cradling her to my chest, she was light as a feather and I had no trouble making my way down the rocky path towards the lake, which was roiling slightly under the bright light of the moon. Hm, must be picking up on my emotions. I hated it when that happened. I waded into the frigid water, willing myself to keep dry, and at the same time create mine and Annabeth's signature air bubble. After waving at some particularly dodgey looking mer-creatures we settled at the bottom of the lake in a small clearing in the seaweed forest with a clear view up to the surface, the monlight creating beautiful patterns on the sandy floor. I decided to go with the direct approach, "Annie, i'm so sorry I didn't come to say goodbye. I just- I just wanted it to be less painless for both of us, I am so- " She trapped any other words I could have said with a passionate kiss. At first I was shocked, I had been beginning to wonder what it would feel like to be judo flipped underwater, and how long the inevitable concussion would last, but I was definitely not going to complain about this option. I deepened the kiss as she sat up to stradle me and shoved hard down on my shoulders Aaaand here we go... "That," she started breathlessly, "Was because I missed you" She then punched me really hard in the arm, hard enough to leave a nasty bruise. "And that was for leaving me" I sighed and looked at my feet in shame." I know Wise Girl, I just don't think I would have been able to leave you if I had said goodbye while you were conscious, and I don't the Gods would've been too pleased if I beat up Ares again when they sent him to make me go" She looked at me and let out a loud sigh and grumbled. "As excuses go, that is probably one of your better ones..." My heart instantly lifted at those magical words "So you forgive me?" She smied as she sniffled a bit. "Of course I forgive you Kelp Head!" My heart burst with happiness as I enveloped her in a hug, which turned into a small sweet kiss. Our relationship had been getting more physical, but we hadn't slept together, mostly due to the fact that Athena would probably drag me down to the Underworld by my ear and demand to Hades personally that I was given some special, horrific torment in the fields of punishment for the next three hundred thousand years or so. Annabeth and I had talked about children before, and she knew I wanted kids more than anything, but would she agree? I know what you may be thinking, that we are too young to have a family, but seeing as there is a small chance we will make it to 25, let alone 30, which is what seems to be the respectible age for people to have children, lots of demigods see it as a privilege to be able to have children at all, and in our society there is no predjudices against young pregnancies as long as you are over 18. I mean, we are responsi-, well Annabeth is a responsible woman, and we had always wanted this. It would be worth all the likely thousands of lifetimes worth of punishment. "I love you so much Wise Girl, I hope you know that" She kissed me tenderly at that and as she drew apart from me and started to lift my CHB shirt over my head. "I love you more Seaweed Brain" I pulled her onto my lap as we kissed under the moonlight.

HERMIONE

I was absentmindedly showing the first years to the Great Hall again from common room for breakfast, which had been completely refurbished and upgraded from after the war. I was still flabberghasted by Dumbledore's apparent trust in the new students. No one ever had been allowed to just roam the school free after dark, due to the ammount of extremely dangerous creatures lurking out there. I had heard that they don't even have wands yet! Dumbledore must be going mad. Surely he wouldnt just let students out there just die? And why would he tell them to be back by morning? What would they have been doing all this time? I pushed open the doors with the help of Ron. Those things were damn heavy, how that new girl from last night had made it look like she was just pushing two annoying pieces of cardboard out of the way I don't know. There was something odd about all of them, the way the two boys and girl who wore the silver circlet looked so alike, with their dark hair and scary expressions, just different coloured eyes. Sea Green, Electric Blue and Dark Brown or even kind of Black. It was really weird. Also the fact that they had all gotten into Gryffindor at the same time, and the way the tallest boy had been sorted only confirmed my suspicions that something was wrong with them. They were just too... Unusual.

The other thing that got me about them was the way that Ron had looked at that blonde girl. Judging by her appearance, she was probably one of those really bitchy, stupid blondes that dated the hot guys and had the perfect family and massive house. The perfect life, while I was sat here, head over heels in love with my best friend who had fallen for her at a glance, and hadn't even noticied my feelings for him even though we had known each other for years. It was so unfair. I couldn't believe how unlucky I was! I was so sure that this would be the year that Ron would finally see me as something other than a friend, and we could finally be together how I have wanted to be with him for about the past two years. But this evil girl had turned up, and stolen the heart of my Ron on her way in. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew that I was being unreasonable. She hadn't even spoken to Ron yet, and it was clear she was involved with the guy that the boys were sure was a Death Eater. I didn't know what to do with myself, I wanted to cry, scream, and just lie on the floor all at the same time. The last straw was when I looked up to the table, and saw all of the exchange students whose names I think were Thalia, Nico, Percy, and the she-devil Annabeth, who was currently laughing and elbowing Percy, who was trying to feed her grapes, even though she refused every single time. I wanted Ron to feel that way about me, so I made the mistake of looking for him in the growing crowds, but all I saw made me hurt even more. He was ogling Annabeth, and when Percy snaked his arm around her waist and kissed her on the nose, he stormed towards the couple. Let me just tell you that all hell broke loose...

OOOH cliffy :/ haha sry guys, have written this chappy super quick due to some lovely comments which honestly made my day! was smiling like an idiot all through my 2h of Physics tutoring... Anyways sorry if there are some really obvious mistakes cuz I can't be assed to check it right now, but will in the mornin :) I love hearing what u guys think, so COMMENT AND VOTEEE I<3 U all .. Oh ! and basics the vid is from FF7 which I saw the other day, which is my favorite movie franchise, and I can't tell you how much I cried when Paul died in real life, and this song is so gorgeous and they use it in the film :'( and then I though OMIGGEZ, ANNABETH MUST HAVE FELT THIS WHEN PERCY DISSAPEARED !! and then I cried some more ... so ya give it a listen I promise you will like It !! xxx oh and btw, 230 READS? HOLY HADES U GUYS ROCK !! blue cookies for all ... :)