Ten

Quick A/N !!! Just making sure that everyone knows that the Professors know they are Demigods :) Enjoy!!

RON

Something had been bugging me for a few days now. We had gone back to lessons now, and Percy and Annabeth had been sticking to each other like glue, I mean more than usual. What was weirder was the fact that if anyone went within five feet of Annabeth, all of the Americans swarmed towards her, growling inhumanly from the bottom of their throats. I was totally pissed off even before we got to lunch. The 'Imposters' as Harry and I had taken to calling them were too good at all the lessons, but they seriously couldn't keep still. Percy was constantly fidgeting, Thalia was always spinning her bracelet around her wrist and Nico was constantly twirling his skull ring around his finger. Its was like they couldn't sit still for even a second! Annabeth seemed to be the only one out of all of them who was vaguely concentrating in History of Magic.

It then came to the part of the day when we had Care of Magical Creatures with Hagrid, which was my favourite subject. Unfortunately we happened to bump into the Americans on the way down, which automatically put me in a bad mood. For a second, a clear wave seemed to pass over my mind. Why did I hate them so much again? I shook my head forcefully. They are Death Eaters! Remember? What I presumed was my conscience murmured in my subconscious. Yeah, Death Eaters... That was it...

PERCY

The first few days of school had passed by smoothly, even though the lessons were weird and wizard-y, and my new over protective father radar had kicked in big time. Any moment when someone ventured too close to Annabeth in the hallway, or looked at her the wrong way, I would get this overwhelming urge to throttle them slowly. With a rope. Covered in glass. Dipped in acid... Yeah, and thats without my ADHD going into overdrive. So we were picking our way down the slippery, rocky terrain of the grounds down to the edge of the forest, where a small hut could be seen with a large man with frizzy hair, who I could already see clearly stood outside it. It took about ten minutes to get down there, and we crossed paths with the 'Golden Trio', who we gave death glares worthy of Hades. Annie and I had perfected ours years ago, Thalia and Nico, well I think they were born with theirs. We all gathered around the large man, who promptly, in a thick accent introduced himself as Hagrid. "Now today class, we shall be studyin' some more... foreign creatures to the ones that we normally do!" Everyone started to whisper and gossip incessantly at the prospect. Lots of "What could it be?" and "It better not be slimy..." I chuckled at the thought. Judging from the faint cursing and snorts I could hear, I'm pretty sure that I know who is about to be presented to the class. Hargrid quickly cleared his throat, and carried on, but not before throwing me a quick wink. I smiled while shaking my head at the floor. Just before Hagrid opened his mouth to talk again, I caught Ron looking longingly at Annabeth, I knew I had to put him in his place. Oh this is gonna be good. I closed my eyes, sensing that Blackjack was standing tied up just behind the house, and he wasn't too impressed. I quickly spoke to him through my mind. 'Hey Blackjack buddy! You remember when I told you to not call me sire, and make a scene? Well we need to make an impression. Gimme all you've got' I got an answer immediately. 'You got it Boss!'

When I asked Blackjack to make an impression, I hadn't really taken him for the dramatic type. Oh, I have never been so wrong. Hagrid starred to talk again, saying: "Right class, this semester 'ere we're gonna be studyin' Horses. But, a specific kind a horse. Y'see, these guys 'aven't been around our parts, and they are not always the easiest-" I'm sure that Blackjack had been listening in, because a loud squeal, followed by a large creak, then, *SNAP* The sound of splintering wood accosted my ears, and a loud whinny resounded about the clearing. Hagrid sighed, "To handle" he finished, puffing out a lungful of air. All the Demigods turned to look at me worriedly, and Annabeth wrapped a hand around her middle, but I just smirked at them. Thalia seemed to get the picture and sniggered, whereas Nico still looked confused. I could hear the ground start to thump under my feet. The wizards looked absolutely petrified, and Hagrid just looked shocked, but glared at me in an annoyed fashion when he saw my smile. "Roll with it!' I whisper-shouted. Blackjack stormed into the clearing, mane and tail flying all over the place, as well as the fact his wings were beating up gusts of wind. The Demigods just laughed at the screaming wizards who were taking cover behind trees, as we all knew that even though Blackjack only let Annabeth and I ride him, he would't hurt hair on the other Demigods heads. He proceeded to trample everything beneath him and snort at anyone or anything that got too close. 'You mind giving the red-head a good scare mate?' I silently asked. 'Maiming or not, Boss?' I thought for a minute, before checking myself. 'Sadly, no maiming buddy. Thanks for the offer though' Blackjack halted, breathing slowly, before turning to face Ron, who sat quivering at the base of a large Oak tree. He took large slow steps towards the quivering boy, who whimpered in terror. Blackjack then proceeded to scream loudly and reared into the air, all the while Ron was screeching like a fourteen year old, "BLOODY HELLL!" Whilst trying to scramble further back into the tree than he already was. Blackjack landed with a thud. Literal centimetres away from his crotch. For the finale, before Ron could faint, Blackjack made a scene of strutting back towards me and the others, and bowing lowly at my feet. Oh, that was so worth it...