A Shoulder To Lean On

Ship: Flex x Roxie

Type: Angst | Hurt/Comfort

Requested by: Limbo-writes

Plot: Flex's lingering fear of being captured once again becomes a haunting presence in his life, casting shadows of anxiety over his every step. When Roxie finally hears about his dark past, she rushes over to his dorm and this happens...

A/n: One of my MHO OCs will be added briefly here.

--------------------------------------

3rd POV:

Flex sat alone in the dimly lit dorm room, the weight of his past bearing down on him like a suffocating shroud. The room, typically a place of solace and refuge, felt suffused with an eerie tension that afternoon. His lingering fear of being captured once again had become a relentless, haunting presence in his life, casting shadows of anxiety over his every step.

With a heavy sigh, Flex leaned in his bed, his fingers tracing the logo of his uniform, reminding him where he was and bringing him back to the present moment; it had only reminded him of where he came from to get to this point. Those memories, once buried deep in the recesses of his mind, now resurfaced with cruel clarity. The sterile walls of the laboratory, the cold touch of instruments, and the haunting faces of the scientists who had taken away his freedom since the moment he was born. The people he had to call mother and father — it all played like a macabre movie in his mind.

He had managed to escape that life, to break free from the clutches of those who had seen him as nothing more than an experiment. But the scars, both physical and emotional, remained as a constant reminder of the horrors he had endured.

Flex's gaze fell on the photos on his desk and walls — pictures of him and his friends, including Roxie, Kol, and Lilac. Their smiling, Kol's attempt to smile, faces should have brought him comfort, but tonight, they only deepened his anxiety. He couldn't help but wonder how long it would be until his past caught up with him again until the shadows of his former life swallowed him whole.

He knew he needed to confide in someone, to share the burden that had been tearing at his soul, Roxie, with her unwavering support and understanding, seemed like the logical choice, but the fear of burdening her with his troubles held him back. Lilac, who had overcome her own ordeal, might offer valuable insight, but he didn't want to reopen old wounds for her.

The room felt colder as Flex sat there, trapped in his thoughts. He realized that he couldn't continue to carry this heavy secret alone. His heart ached with the need to unburden himself, face his fears, and find a way to confront his past. But for now, the shadows of anxiety continued to loom over him, his parents' very existence an unrelenting reminder of his dark history.

Flex began to chuckle to himself. "It's fine," he told himself.

"I'll wake up in the morning...and everything will be fine," he continued to mutter aloud as his arms slowly wrapped around his body and his legs curled up.

"I-I'll wake up, go to school, se-see my friends, and everything will be fine. Yep, nothing wrong with good old Flex here. Everything's okay."

His breath became more shaky as he tried to reassure himself. He began laughing and shaking, his laughter slowly becoming more mental and emotional. Tears slowly rolled down his cheeks as his breathing became faster. He laughed even more, he didn't realize his laughter was getting louder and longer. He drowned himself in his thoughts and fears but he knew that Kol and Blake were gone for the night so they couldn't hear him or stop him from doing anything. That thought sort of scared him.