A Change Of Heart

Start from the beginning

A few days later, Levi lay in his bed, staring up at the ceiling. The past few days were packed and full of things to do. He kept doing commercials and exercising like he had always done. One of the best things he could think of that happened was that he somewhat made amends with his mother and she accepted him for who he was.

But what was eating away at him was his previous confession to Alec—or K to be exact. He felt so embarrassed when he found out that Alec hadn't even heard a single word that he was saying and was instead pouring his heart out to someone else and the fact that Alec had been avoiding him since then gave him a worse feeling of anxiety.

He had wondered if he had done the wrong thing. Even opening his mouth in general. He wondered if Alec even liked him back. What if K never told Alec what he said, or what if it was twisted into something else?

No, K would never have done that. He was a bit emo, sure—but he would never do something that low. Right?

Right?

Levi exasperatedly groaned as he rubbed his face. He sighed as his hands fell to his side. He gazed over at his nightstand and saw his phone plugged in. He hadn't had time to check his phone since he was busy with so many meetings. Maybe it was about time he checked it again.

He reached over and grabbed his phone, unplugging it. He swiped his lock screen and opened up his messages before he went to his social media. He saw that a few of his friends had texted him which filled him with a sense of shame. He felt so bad for neglecting his friends like that even if he hadn't meant to.

He quickly began opening up the different messages and responding to his friends as well as apologizing for the long-awaited response. Sooner or later, as he was scrolling, he saw that Alec had texted him a few days earlier which made him pause. He stared at the name for a moment, his face going slightly red at just the name. He shook away the thought and opened up the message as he began to read.

As he read the first few words, it made him sit up and his face became slightly more red.

"Hey, Levi,

I hope you're doing okay. I'm really sorry that I've been avoiding you lately. I've been doing some soul-searching, and I owe you an apology for pulling away recently.

It's just that I've been dealing with some confusing stuff, and it's taken me some time to sort things out. But here's the truth: I've realized I have feelings for you beyond friendship. It's been weighing on me, and I didn't want to make things awkward between us, but I couldn't keep it inside anymore. I hope you can understand, and I'm here to talk whenever you're ready.

Alec."

Levi stared at the message from Alec, his heart pounding in his chest. The screen illuminated his face in the dimly lit room, and his thoughts raced a mile a minute. He had sensed something was amiss when Alec had been distant, but he had never expected this response.

His mind was a whirlwind of emotions—shock, confusion, fondness, and a flicker of hope. Levi had been wrestling with his own feelings, wondering if he could ever be true to himself amidst the weight of his mother's prejudice. The fact that Alec had taken this bold step—or even responded—meant the world to him.

After a few moments of silence, Levi began typing a response, his fingers trembling slightly as he expressed his thoughts and feelings in a short comment which he felt wasn't enough but was all his flustered mind could come up with in the moment.

A few moments later in Dorm 6, Alec's phone buzzed. He looked up from his switch and at the flashing phone on his nightstand. He reached over and grabbed his phone, looking down at the screen, and his heart skipped a beat. It was a message from Levi.