Chapter 18 - Please

Felix's POV

I knew from the location alone that Hyunjin wasn't taking me to some ordinary property, but I didn't expect it to be this luxurious. The building had its own parking lot under it and reception, where we had to show our IDs to the security guard, who was there nonstop, and then we called the elevator using a chip.

Who can afford this?

Hyunjin pressed the top floor button, which meant we would be in the elevator for a while. I remembered our make out session in the elevator at my place and looked at him nervously. Hyunjin checked me out from head to toe like he likes to do and then gave me an amused smile.

"Don't worry, there's a camera, I don't need to have evidence that could complicate my business image." He assured me. "By the way, why do you have that scarf? Some fashion trend?" He poked me and his smile grew even wider.

I just gave him a very annoyed look and rolled my eyes.

"I've got a cold."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Mhm, sure, you poor thing."

A clink announced that the elevator was at its destination, and we entered the luxurious foyer. The floor was shining as if someone had brushed it with a toothbrush, and the ceiling was decorated with a crystal chandelier. I stared up open-mouthed and only woke up to the sound of Hyunjin's expensive shoes hitting that polished floor.

"Come on, this isn't all." He nudged me and led me to another door that already led to the apartment itself. As I immediately found out, it was a penthouse.

We walked into a large open space, the center of which was a living room full of expensive electronics, and one entire wall was glass so you could now see Seoul at night. To the right was a spiral staircase and behind it a giant kitchen with other expensive equipment. It all felt freshly bought, but it felt like you were walking through a store. There was no indication that this was supposed to be inhabited. All gray and black.

"Welcome to the epitome of luxury living in the heart of Gangnam." Hyunjin sighed, putting on his professional tone. "Spread on a sprawling floor plan, this exclusive residence features floor-to-ceiling windows that flood the space with natural light and, at night, a breathtaking view of Seoul's night lights." As he spoke, he walked over to the windows, which I stared at and I watched, how artistic his silhouette looks right by that window. "The open concept living room combines comfort and style while providing space for lavish parties."

Little did I know that I was in for a real estate pitch tonight. But I enjoyed watching Hyunjin in his element, and I didn't even think of interrupting him. At this moment I realized that he is after all a very successful businessman who knows what he is doing. It felt even more unreal that I was here with him. The complete opposite. What am I good for?

"This kitchen is every chef's dream, complete with modern devices, custom cabinetry, and a large center island perfect for culinary creations." He led me further into the kitchen. "And I haven't shown you everything yet. There are two more bedrooms, wellness center and a terrace. So, tell me now, Felix, why is it such a problem to sell these properties?"

I widened my eyes at him. How am I supposed to know? I looked around at the epitome of luxury living as Hyunjin had called it earlier and thought carefully about my answer. He looked like he really needed it, but I didn't understand why from me. But no matter how much I looked around, the same question kept coming to my mind.

Hyunjin's POV

I watched as Felix turned and looked around the different corners of this penthouse. We invested a large sum of money in these properties expecting an immediate profit. For some reason it didn't happen. It's good that Seungmin asked me for help, I have to get to the bottom of this or it will be a financial disaster.