Chapter 10 - Ideal date

Felix's POV

It was evening, but the sun was still shining outside, and it was pleasantly warm. Summer was approaching, but it was not yet unbearably hot. I loved this weather. It was a time when I liked to go out for walks or go for a bike ride while listening to my favorite songs. This was my healing time.

I would like to do something similar today. I just need to calm my nerves a bit, because instead of enjoying the nice weather, I have a date with Hwang Hyunjin.

Yes, a date. It cannot be called anything else, although I would very much like to give it another label.

I've been standing for an hour with only a towel around my waist, looking at the pile of clothes I've thrown out of the closet onto my couch in order to choose the perfect outfit.

He said it would be more casual, but how do I know what the word 'casual' means to a rich CEO? Maybe it means a trip to Tokyo for him or something.

Fool, why do you even care?

I don't want to admit it because it doesn't feel right. This whole situation I mean. How can I admit that I want to impress someone who is just playing with me? Someone I have nothing in common with? It is not possible. It would lead nowhere. It has no meaning.

So why did I just put on the same perfume as last time and put on my nicest shirt and jeans that my ex complimented my butt in?

I don't know. I really don't know. All I know is that Hwang Hyunjin will be here at any moment and my heart will beat wildly just looking into those almond eyes and on his lips. His lips that made me moan at work yesterday.

I was just debating whether to button up the last few buttons of my shirt when my phone vibrated.

Hwang Hyunjin (Chris' contract)

I'm here

Sent 6:02

Shit. I need to hurry.

Hyunjin's POV

From that moment yesterday, I couldn't think about anything but Felix and the fact that I almost had him. I was a fraction away from taking possession of his lips. And I know he would love it. It was very difficult for me to concentrate at work today. Harder than the whole week before. Haneul scolded me only for the first few hours at work and then gave up. Of course, I take my job seriously. I did what I needed to do, and everything's taken care of.

But now I finally had something to look forward to outside of my job. Lee Felix was something new, unexplored. It felt like my life finally had some purpose again. And that purpose of mine just came out the door of the apartment complex and I marveled at his beauty again. He was wearing ripped jeans and a shirt that he probably forgot to button properly. That, or he chose my strategy from last time and wants to show off his chest. Damn.

He was looking for my car with his eyes, but he couldn't find it. I honked at him on purpose and gave him a devilish smile as he jumped up with a start, interrupting his runway strut and headed for my car. He quickly got in and his scent filled the inside again. I checked him out, but he couldn't see that through my sunglasses.

"Do you have a different car every day?" He asked me as he buckled up.

"Almost." I shrugged like it was nothing. Felix just sighed and mumbled something like 'of course you have'.

"So? Where are we going?" He asked me. At that moment, I decided to prank him a little.

"I thought I'd take you to a nice restaurant first. Like La Cucina. Nothing special, just a Michelin restaurant." I tried to sound serious and started the car because otherwise I would have given myself away laughing.