Chapter 4 - The last chance

Hyunjin's POV

In the morning I was awakened by the rustling of the covers as Haneul quietly crept out of bed. I squinted and found that it was already light outside. We slept a long time. I turned to the source of the sound and caught a glimpse of her bare back as she looked around the room for her dress that I had tossed last night somewhere in the unknown depths of my bedroom.

"If you don't want to get into those mini dress of yours, just wear my shirt and stop making such a noise in the morning." I complained, covering my head with a pillow.

"It's almost noon, Hyunjin." She replied, ignoring my complaints. On the contrary, from the moment she knew I was awake, she was perhaps even louder.

"Did I tell you that sometimes I regret giving you the keys?"

"Last night, but then you also said you were glad I was here. So, you're contradicting yourself a bit." She immediately launched a counterattack. For a brief moment, I remembered the very moment when I blurted out something like that. But what guy wouldn't say that if he had lips of someone like Haneul around his dick.

"Well, maybe it was okay that you were here. Will you stay for breakfast?" I had given up on any attempt at sleep and realized that I was quite hungry.

Haneul buttoned up borrowed shirt, looked at her expensive watch and nodded.

So, in no time I was standing in the kitchen preparing omelettes while she drank coffee and read some work emails.

"I don't understand how people dare to write me on the weekend, they know it's outside of my working hours." She commented on her activity as I placed a plate of food in front of her.

"They do it because you answer to them and work on the weekend." I rolled my eyes and then remembered that I had another task for her. "Which reminds me, I was going to tell you that you need to assign someone to take over the ancient archive of Mr. Kang and transfer it into electronic form."

Haneul gave me a short, hostile look. In these moments, she must have wondered why she accepted this job.

We ate in silence for a while before she asked me, "Speaking of Mr. Kang, how was that meeting at Interium corp.?"

I immediately flashed back to accidentally stealing Mr. Kang's identity yesterday while messing around with that blond guy from JYP services. Against my will, the corners of my mouth began to lift into a smile.

"Nothing will probably come of it, it's not a favorable offer for us. But I have to say, I haven't had so much fun at a business meeting in a long time." I finally answered her.

"Seriously? Why is that?" She continued to inquire, eyeing my smile suspiciously. I knew she wasn't asking about business, but rather why I was having such a great time.

"An absolutely inexperienced kid came to that meeting; he mistook me for Kang, and I played along." I explained it quickly and had to laugh. I remembered Mr. Lee's shocked expression when I revealed my identity to him.

"Oh no. Was he handsome?" Haneul sighed tiredly.

"Yes, he was, but why do you ask?"

"I could've thought so. Here we go again. Poor boy." She shook her head disapprovingly and put another bite into her mouth.

"What do you mean? Poor boy? For your information, nothing happened." I said that last sentence a little disappointed. I was still a little upset about how it turned out. Maybe if I'd introduced myself to him straight away, maybe if I'd been a little more gallant, maybe it'd be Mr. Lee Felix that'd be having breakfast with me now. With his puzzled expression and love-bites around his neck.