Tale 10: Snoopers

SEPTEMBER

Nick walked up to a girl, she was desperately trying to look through a window of a cabin. "Hey Angelia." Nick said. She turned her head and frowned.

"Nick! I have an explanation!" Nick looked to the cabin. "About why you're snooping around the Aphrodite cabin."

The cabin has a painted roof, with concrete pillars full of tiny beige pebbles and scallops, and a blue-and-white checkerboard deck with steps, and gray walls. There is a pink door, lace curtains and potted carnations by the window. On top of the door is a stone carved version of the painting "The Birth of Venus" by Sandro Botticelli. Nick had been inside a few times. The inside of the cabin smells very heavily of perfume. The inner walls of the cabin are pink with white window trim. The curtains and beds are pastel blue and green. The campers have twin beds with pale blue sheets. Each bed has a blue dresser in between with drawers, a mirror, and makeup. Every camper has a chest with their name painted on it to store their belongings. Their personal bunk spaces are decorated with famous and attractive Hollywood movie stars and singers, and a few personal photos too. The cabin is always clean except for under the beds, which has chocolate wrappers, love notes, and other things under them.

"Yes! So you see, I heard.. a baby crying inside. And-"

"Angelina, as your head counsellor. It's my responsibility to-"

"YAH! I wasn't doing anything!" Angelina cut in.

"Teach you how to come up with better cover stories." Nick finished. "First piece of advice, there aren't any babies here. So maybe rethink that one."

Angelina put her hand to her chin. "No babies.. got it."

"So." Nick clapped. "You're looking for stuff the summer session people might left behind." Nick rubbed his hands together.

Angelina gasped. "How did you know?"

"Because I've been here before." Nick said. "Rookie mistake though, the Aphrodite kids do have nice stuff. But they're pretty good at not leaving anything behind now try the Demeter cabin, don't let their flowers fool you because they're stuff is hidden in plain sight."

"Oh cool! Thanks Nick!"

"Anytime!" Nick waved as Angelina ran off.

He rubbed his hands together. "Alright Aphrodite Cabin, let's see what you've got."