Chapter 24: Waking up

A week later

Kahn's pov

    I wake up to see that I'm in a hospital room with an iv drip connected to my arm. I yank it out and stand up. The first thing that I notice when I stand up is that my head feels considerably lighter, weird. I look down and see that I'm in a hospital gown. I was really hoping to never have to wear one of these again. I look to the nightstand beside the hospital bed I was just in and see some get better soon cards along with a change of clean clothes, more specifically my combat gear. Looks like it got all fixed up, so I get changed and put them on, only to struggle with getting them because my left arm is in a cast. I can't really remember how that happened, and since the arm doesn't really hurt I tear off the cast, flex my left arm, and hand a little and then get back to getting changed.

  As soon I finished getting changed, I head to the nearest window, open it, and jump out. I start to spread my wings only to find out that my left wing won't cooperate. I then slam into the ground legs first. I push myself out of the hole I made but end up having a little trouble doing so since my left arm feels fairly stiff. Well this is annoying. As soon as I free myself from the hole I just made I leave the area of the hospital to see that I'm somewhere on patch. Now how did I get here? More importantly, why won't my left wing work and why is it feeling so cold? As I look at my left wing my eyes widen and mouth my drops. All the scales on it are missing and there is a weird black, pulsing bump on it with black veins spreading out from it. That's new and really bad.

    Since I'm on patch I decide to head to Ruby's home. I notice people give me weird looks don't know why. I check my satchel to see if it has any of my stuff in it but find it empty. Looks like I'm going to have to go out on a hunt to get some more bones to snack on. I hear something shuffle behind me so I turn around to see nobody behind me. Weird really, really weird.

    I make it to the hill that leeds up to the cabin her family lives in and begin the hike up it. I look around and see alot of bullhead traffic going around, wonder what the cause of all that is. Man my joints are really stiff, how long was I in the hospital for? Wait, better question why can't I remember what caused me to end up in a hospital on patch?

    I get to the top of the hill and see Qrow sitting out front asleep on the porch with his flask in hand. I walk to the front door and knock. I hear Mr.Xiao Long say something before getting to the door but I'm not sure what.

Tai: For the last time Qrow stop kno- oh Kahn shouldn't you still be in the hospital? You know considering how bad you got hurt?

Kahn: I don't really remember what happened it's really fuzzy for me plus I just got up an hour ago and I honestly don't want to go through all the hospital procedures. Or eat the bland food they have.

Tai: Huh. You've got a fair bit to catch up on but I'm sure the revelation won't SHOCK you that badly. So come on in and have a seat. Summer is currently out right now, you obviously saw Qrow out front drunk per usual, Yang is in her room.... coming to terms with her predicament and Ruby still hasn't woken up yet.

    I'm not really what he means by all that but I accept the invitation to come in and I head over to the couch and sit down. I feel a weird itch on the left side of my head so i go scratch it and when I do I feel a stump where my left horn should be. I stand up and head to the upstairs washroom. The door is wide open so I can see that no one is in there. I enter and look into the mirror and get a good look at myself for the first times since waking up.

    I look terrible. My hair is messier than normal, I have bags under my eyes, I get the familiar sight of hoe my left wing is doing only this time I can see that it looks like it has shrunk a little bit, I'm thinner then I was before and to top it all off there is a jagged, sharp broken stump where my left horn once was. My breathing speeds up as I start to come to terms with my own situation. I can't fly anymore. I CAN'T FUCKING FLY ANYMORE! I'm also absolutely pissed off about missing a horn but I loved to fly. It was my way of relaxing, feeling the wind on my skin and scales was so liberating and now? Now I can't do that anymore. Why the fuck can't I remember what happened. I head back downstairs and sit back down on the couch. Tai comes and sits on a different couch.

Tai: Let me get you caught up on what happened.

A small timeskip brought to you by chibi Kahn jumping off of a roof in an attempt to fly but failing miserably and slamming face first into the ground

Kahn's pov (ps it won't be changing anytime soon)

    After Mr.Xiao Long told me about everything that happened I stood up, went outside, walked to the nearest tree, infused my right fist in a thick layer of aura and punched it at full strength. There was a loud bang noise hit it. The tree practically explodes in half and the upper part is sent flying into another tree demolishing it as well. I can't help but let out a loud draconic roar in anger and grief at what had happened to my home and friends. Yang is injured, Ruby is in a coma, Blake has vanished, Weiss was taken back to her home by force and Pyrrha is in the hospital because of how bad her injuries are. I notice that my satchel is heavier for some reason and reach into it. My hand bumps into two things so I pull them out. One of them is the rest of my broken horn while the other is a sealed letter with the white fang symbol on it.

    I open the letter and read it. What I read adds more fuel to my anger. I toss the letter on the ground and begin to head down the hill.

Tai: Hey! Where are you going?

Kahn: I am going on a hunt for the white fang headquarters in Mistral. They have to awnser for what they have done. I will make sure of that.

    I start to march my way down the hill. I'm going to have a long swim ahead of my since I can't fly. Glad I found out I can breathe under water. This will also give me the chance to regain my lost weight by eating to my hearts content. I've always wanted to try shark and if I'm lucky I might just encounter a whale or two. One thing is for sure though. My hunt begins now!