Chapter 20: Getting to know Qorvid

Kahn's pov

    I'm currently back in team RWBY's dorm. Along with Yang, Ruby, Blake, Qrow, and Qorvid. She just listens as Qrow tells one of his stories. She interrupts him every so often to ask a question or two.

Qrow: Sooooo uh Qorvid, you got any hobbies?

Qorvid: Smack talking people I don't like, collecting weird looking dust crystals, my favorite one that I have looks like the hand of someone giving the middle finger.

Qrow: HA! Nice!

    Qrow doesn't even look away from the game he is playing and holds out his hand for a high five to her and she gives him a solid high five, which is than followed up by him winning while getting high fived. Ruby let's out a groan before stepping away, and Yang taking her place to play against Qrow.

Qorvid: Let me think what else is there? Ah my personal favorite is annoying all of my cousins back in the tunnels.

Ruby: Tunnels?

Qorvid: Yup the tunnels. We vast majority of us live underground in passage ways that me make somewhat like ant except we dig far deeper down and far more spread out. The longest tunnel that we have goes all the way from Vacuo to a large untouched dust mine near Atlas.

Ruby: Wow. Why do you need all that space?

Qorvid: To help us prep for Salem in case she tries to invade our home!

    Me and Ruby look at her confused. As I was about to ask who that is Yang interrupts me.

Yang: HA! I managed to land a hit on uncle Qrow!

Ruby: WHAT!? HOW?!

    Yang's minor victory is than interrupted by Qrow absolutely decimating her right after. Turn her cheer of victory into a groan of defeat.

Kahn: Who is Salem?

    For whatever reason that name fills me with an unexpected amount of anger that genuinely surprised me. Because when I ask about who Salem is, I said it with very audible anger that made everyone turn to me in suprise. Qorvid looks like she Is about to explain but Qrow just cover he mouth with his hand.

Qrow: An extremely dangerous person. They are involved in the deepest darkest parts of Remnant's criminal society and has a particular interest in hunting down dragons. That is all you need to know nothing more, nothing less. Ok?

    I look him in the eyes as he said that looking to see if he was lying at all about that. He isn't lying but I can tell he wasn't tell the full truth either. Meaning for whatever reason he doesn't trust us with this information. Why? Why can't we be trusted? I begin to walk up to him to ask more questions but I'm stoked when Ruby grabs my arm. I turn to look at her.

Ruby: Kahn?

    Ruby looks at me genuinely worried that I was about to do something. I look away and let out an annoyed exhale from my nose. I hear the familiar sounds of a miniature thunderstorm as soon as I finish the exhale.

Kahn: I wasn't going to fight him. I wanted to ask him why he doesn't seem to want to tell us the full truth. As I see it this is a breach of trust on his part. Why can't we be trusted with this information? Why can we only know so little about it? And why? Why does that name make me feel so.... so absolutely enraged.

Qrow: Alright I think it's time I go have a talk with Oz. I'm taking Qorvid with me.

    He quickly leaves taking Qorvid with him. As they leave Qorvid flips me off while sticking out her tongue. I'm about to go marching right after them to give her a peice of my mind. But before I can do anything thing Ruby tugs on my arm and I look at her again. She looks even more worried now. I just let out a sigh and head the couch and sit down on it.