Chapter 12: Velvet's declaration of war

3rd pov

     Velvet is currently outside of team RWBY's dorm. Mentally preparing herself for what she is about to do. She knocks on the door, expecting Kahn to answer, but instead, Ruby opens the door.

Velvet: Is Kahn in right now?

Ruby: Yes, but he is currently sleeping. I can go wake him up if you want?

Velvet: No that's ok I actually wanted to talk to you would you mind following me so we can walk and talk?

    Ruby being the innocent and precious being that she is of course sees nothing wrong with this.

Ruby: OK just let me tell my team first.

Velvet: That's OK just don't take to long please.

    Ruby nods and goes to let her team know.

Short time skip brought to you by chibi Glynda sueing the lady that pepper sprayed Kahn and the judge being a chibi Ozpin wearing a fake mustache

    Ruby and Velvet are currently sitting on a bench in the courtyard which was devoid of both students and teachers.

Velvet: So I heard from Kahn that he stayed at your house during the break?

Ruby: Yeeeessss?

    Ruby is tilting her head in confusion not sure what Velvet is getting at.

Velvet: He also mentioned that your family played a prank on you two. Would you mind telling me what it was?

    At hearing Velvet mention the prank Ruby's face gets as red as her hood. Seeing this Warning bells go off in her head and she clenches her hands.

Ruby: W well me I fell asleep against Kahn while me we were watching a Vacuo documentary. Apparently he fell asleep soon after. My family decided it would be funny to lay us down beside each other making us cuddle.....

    Ruby is still blushing profusely and starts to poke her pointer fingers together. Velvet just sits there in silence processing this new information. Ruby looks up at Velvet to see her face look unreadable.

Ruby: Velvet? Hello?

    It takes Velvet a little while to respond to Ruby. Once she has finished gathering her thoughts she looks Ruby in the eyes with a look on her face of someone not planning to back down or lose.

Velvet: I won't lose to you.

Ruby: Huh? What do you mean?

Velvet: I will win Kahn's heart. Not you.

    Ruby now understanding what this whole talk is about blushes even harder now before responding.

Ruby: I I I'm not sure if I do like him that way..... but. If I do....

    Ruby matches Velvet's look and stares back at her just as determined.

Ruby: If... if I do like him that way... I won't lose to you!

    They continue to stare at each other for a minute before they shake hands.

Ruby/Velvet: May the best girl win.

    After saying that they both stand up and split up before going in two separate directions. Than Ruby realizes that she is going the wrong way to get to her dorm and than catches up to Velvet looking down embarrassed.

Ruby: I forgot my dorm is this way.

A small time skip brought to you by chibi Ruby and Velvet arguing about which of them is cuter

3rd pov

    Velvet enters her dorm and looks at Coco.

Velvet: I did it. I've declared war against Ruby.

Coco: Thata girl but you do realize that we are going out on a mission tomorrow right? Oh and tell me all the juicy details about what happened as your team leader I order you to.

    Velvet just stands there stunned about having forgotten that they were about to go on a mission. She let's out a long sigh before getting ready to tell Coco what happened.

Meanwhile
3rd pov

    Ruby is sitting on her bunk waiting for Yang to get back from the gym. As soon as she enters the dorm bedroom Ruby waves to her to get her attention.

Ruby: Hey Yang?

Yang: Yeah Rubes?

Ruby: Well umm uuh how do you... how can you.... ummm....

    Seeing Ruby struggle to figure out what to say she gets the feeling that this might be a long conversation.

Ruby: How.... can you tell if you're in love with somebody?

Yang: Let me have a shower first. Then we can talk about this ok?

    Ruby nods and tries to calm herself down for what she feels like is going to be a very awkward and embarrassing talk. Today is taking longer to end than she thought it would.