Chapter 18: More Than A Feeling

Start from the beginning

Jeno did as I said before looking at me—. Do you think someone noticed us inside the office?

—The suspect knows someone was there, but not us specifically – I stated before placing my phone away and telling Jeno to save the evidence—. Unfortunately, I believe anyone could be helping Professor Larsen; that's why I don't want to bring the hardware to the institute.

—I understand what you say. For now, it's best to remain cautious; today shows us what these people can do.

—You are right. But still, we must share this information with our team.

—I replied to Haechan already. So, let's go to the institute and see the team – Jeno told me before standing up from the couch.

I nodded before following Jeno. He eventually placed the hardware inside a kitchen cabinet. - It looks like a regular piece inside the kitchen. But it has a lock on it. - Then, he closed the cabinet before we left his home.

Later: at Boston Institute of Social Sciences.

LEE JENO

We arrived at the institute and immediately received indications not to meet at the library by our friends. In our way, Jaemin called our team to explain the current situation with the case: the new evidence. Renjun told us to meet everyone in front of the emergency stairs and enter the "system & control room." According to him, he had something meaningful to show us.

I was entering the building beside Jaemin, and as we approached the stairs entrance, we saw our friends and greeted them before turning our attention to Renjun.

—Why did we meet up here? – Jaemin asked, confused.

—Yes. I thought we were going to the library like usual – Alice pointed out.

—Well. I talked with Haechan after receiving your call, Jae, and we found something important – Renjun disclosed before looking back at Haechan—. Show it to them.

Haechan nodded before taking out a photo from his jacket—. Renjun mentioned you found a similar gadget.

While analyzing the photo, I realized the similarities between the bomb hardware at the condo and the one in the picture. I let Jaemin see it for himself before we gave Haechan the photo.

—Yes, they are similar. But what does it have to do with our meeting point? – Jaemin asked, confused.

—The room – I merely said, causing Jaemin to look back at me—. Jaemin, the photo comes from Haechan and Renjun's investigation of the "system and control room."

—It means the suspect helping 'PL' is a student that has access to said room. Is it not? – Jaemin questioned, to which I answered with a nod.

—Let's go to the room before someone comes – Renjun said. Everyone agreed with him; hence, Haechan opened the emergency stairs' door and let the team get through. Suddenly, Jaemin stood still as I called his name, causing me to look at him. Immediately, I noticed Chance Fletcher coming our way.

I didn't hesitate to stand before Jaemin to cover him from Chance; our friends looked confused by my sudden move since they didn't know what happened between them. However, Jaemin instantly sought protection from me and took my hand without second-guessing himself.

—Stand there! – I earnestly said while pressing Jaemin's hand tighter.

—Jeno, what's going on? – Alice asked, confused.

—Nothing. Go ahead; follow the team and do what we need to do – I told Alice while keeping my eyes on Chance.

Alice released a long breath before walking away. Once the door shut, I returned my attention to the current situation.