5. Change

- June 19, 2022 -

Jericho was just there, his face planted into his bed, and his body flopped over. There wasn't a single bit of movement he made. His silence was then interrupted with a single call.

Jericho doesn't feel the need to answer the phone. He just wants to sit there in silence, frozen, forever. But the phone kept ringing. The constant ring from the phone annoyed him. So annoying, to the point that Jericho actually tries his hardest to pick himself up from the bed and reach for the phone. He picked it up and put it to his ear

This is the first floor speaking, Jericho are you there? It was one of the nurses, probably checking up on him after the weird encounter that happend earlier in the morning.

Yes. I am here and I am doing well, if that's what you are asking. Jericho responds with his single monotone voice. He just wanted to slam the phone down and end the call already.

Yes, Hello Jericho. I am here to remind you about your move out. We advise you to start packing now. Your ride out of here is almost here. If you need any assistance, please call ba- Jericho put the phone down before the girl could finish talking.

Jericho got up from his bed, walked over to his drawers and started to take his things out. 

I can't stop this from happening. She is going to come pick me up and I can't just run away from this. Dad wouldn't like that or would he? They always fought, would he like it if I stayed with her? Dad is a nice guy, yet they always fought. I don't know if going with her is the best choice, but I don't get an option. Would she even like me?? This is so hard to figure out, but for now I can't just slump over and be sad all day, I need to get through this. 

Jericho starts to act more lively. He wasn't slouched over anymore. He started to get all of his things and put it into a suitcase that the hospital gave him. 

I can't stay here forever anyways, I don't want to be locked up in this graveyard any longer. Why would dad want me to stay in such a bad place like this. I have to go with my mom whether I like it or not, dad probably would want this as long as I am not in this depressing hole anymore. I will do this for my dad, I would hate for my dad to worry anymore.

Jericho finished packing. His room looked extremely empty now. There was nothing there except for an empty bed, a t.v, an empty desk, and a vase without any flowers. This really made him think about how he was going to probably die in such a sad place like this. His dad definitely wouldn't want him to go out like this.

Now, here is Jericho, sitting on his bed, watching t.v, waiting for his ride to get here. He is pretty nervous about this all, but he just wants to get this over with. He wants his father to be glad about where he is now, and staying in the hospital is not helping. He has just started to accept all of this. 

I want to continue living for my dad. If having to go with my mom is what it takes, then I can continue staying alive... I'll do it for him.