1. Prologue

- June 17th, 2022 -

T.V. broadcast playing

News reporter opens the scene

It is June 17th and after multiple days of wating for new information on the case, we have finally got some news from the Long Beach hospital.

Sadly, heartbreaking news at that. After the house fire down in Pine Ave, there seems to be one casualty.

The victim is Andres Smith. After suffering many 3rd degree burns from the fire, he was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.

Andres has a son that was at the scene aswell. From what we know so far, he seems to be alright. Thankfully, there were no more casualties.

We have some words from the Smiths neighbors that we would like for everyone to hear. Please take over, our correspondent down at Pine.

The news cast turns the video on to the eye witness

Andreah, the Smiths neighbor speaks out on the situation

Its so heartbreaking to see this all happen in real time.

I had to rush my kids far away as I called the fire department.

Andres was a good man. He would always help me whenever I needed it. Wether it be with my kids, or with finances, he was always there for me.

He was kinda like a warrior, a knight in shining armor, almost. He saved me when I needed it and I wish that I couldve done the same...

He is up there looking down at us right now, I believe. And I know that he is grateful that his son made it out alive

The news report turns back to the original reporter

Thank you, Andreah for those kind words. It really puts you into perspective of how much others can be affected by this.

From what we know, Jericho Smith, his son, is being transferred to a local hospital for treatment. We can all only pray that he makes a recovery from this traumatic event.

We send our condolences to the Smith family and are grieving with them...

The T.V. cuts off as we are zoomed out to be greeted by Jericho's room in the hospital

I hate my life.