2. Jericho Smith

- June 18, 2022 -

The scene opens up to Jericho in his hospital bed

Jericho sits in silence as he thinks back on the situation

The silence is broken from a single faint knock

He waits for the knocking to stop, lying completely still and quiet. Yet the knocking persists

He drags his body along towards the door

Jericho opens the door to be greeted by Andreah, his neighbor

Hey!!! How have you been?  She asks, handing him a basket.

The basket was filled with many goodies. Candy, flowers, and a huge teddy bear. The type of things you would get for valentines from your partner.

Im doing good. Jericho says, trying his hardest not to seem like he wants to just completely shut down.

I have been just laying down this whole time... watching t.v and things like that..

Andreah walks up and hugs him. Jericho was somewhat startled. He knew her, but not very well. After the many years of living next to this lady, he hasnt gotten to know her much. He only talked to her whenever his dad would make him talk to her.

Yet, without knowing her, he was somewhat grateful for the hug, he felt like a complete mess not that long ago but now felt a small but better.

Im so glad youre okay! Im sorry about what happend to a kid like you. She added, kissing him on the cheek.

Yeah, haha im doing alright now. He let out one of those awkward laughs. The type of laugh you would make whenever you needed just something to say.

Do you mind if I stay here a while? I'd love to talk to you about this, but of course you dont have to. She asked.

Ah, uh, Im alright, I dont really have anything to say.. or talk about really. He replied...

Oh.. then.. ill just leave this here and be on my way.. Andreah said, placing down the gift basket on the desk near the bed. 

If you need to talk about anything.. I am here for you. She said as she peeked through the door.

Jericho of course felt bad about dismissing her like that but he is just not the type of person to rely on people too much. Not that he doesnt want to, but because he doesnt want to feel hopeless.

Jericho, growing up, was somewhat lonely. At least to him... His dad was present, but he didnt feel like he was there enough. His dad always had work, a single father, he needed to support his family, or what was left of it.. So of course he needed to work.

Jericho didnt have much of a father son type of experience you would see in movies. And with his mother not being there for him, he really had no one else. Both of his grandparents from his dads side were deceased, and he wasnt allowed to talk to his mothers side because of his mother and fathers hate towards each other. This lead him to be independent since he was a kid. Never had much friends in school... but now he feels like he will never have any friends...

I wish I could just start all over again... I wish my mom and dad didnt fight... I wish I made more friends... I wish I had one more chance to see my dad.

His small monologue was irrupted by a nurse walking in.

He handed Jericho a letter.

It came through the mail.. He said and walked off.

To Jericho Smith
From Gia Brown