⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 33﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

Zacznij od początku

"there's been rumours of them about to break up."

"oh that's just bullshit."

"you don't know what people's lives are actually like! for all you know, they could be falling apart right under your noses." maxine shrugged.

"and for all you know, they could be the best they've ever been. which they are!" I argued.

"y/n, I understand you're upset. but it's a very likely possibility. the two were very close yesterday and cheyenne was even giggling at one point." aria said slowly.

"no. it's bullshit. you're making it up." I shook my head but the two shared a look again.

"hey, y/n! how's your cheating boyfriend?" a group of guys passed me, laughing and shoving each other. my heart sank at their words.

"does the whole school know?" the two nodded their heads sadly. I sighed and placed my head in my hands.

***

I was going back to vance's house today, he'd asked me to come over so he wasn't alone. the walk home was quiet; vance held my hand tight with his head bowed as we walked. any small talk I tried to make was squashed by short answers that made my heart ache. part of me still questioned what aria and maxine had told me.

we reached his house and I greeted his solemn family. maddy and katy were home, they had picked up sydney, heather and caleb from their respective schools and were all sat in the front room watching tv. mr and mrs hopper were at the hospital.

"we're going upstairs." vance said shortly before recollecting my hand in his and taking me up to his room. we reached his room and vance flopped backwards onto his bed. I mustered up any pathetic courage I had in my veins and began to speak.

"hey... I never asked, how was the walk home with chey yesterday?" I didn't look at him. instead, I observed his mini figures on his drawers.

"fine." he replied. "come here."

I ignored his request for cuddles and continued my questions.

"she seemed pretty eager to walk with you." I faked a breezy laugh.

"her mom needed her home." vance mumbled.

"did you have your arm around her waist?" I finally turned around with my arms crossed and leaned a little against the drawers. vance sat up with a confused face.

"what?"

"did you have your arm around her waist?" my voice was more stern this time.

"she- she fell over!" he tried to reason.

"so you did!" I rolled my eyes.

"y/n, you have to understand. she fell over, I was making sure she didn't trip again!" he exclaimed.

"so you put your arm around her waist? vance, that's so intimate and so unnecessary!" I argued.

"it was only for a brief second! how do you even know this?!" he scrunched up his face as he tried to think.

"oh, you think the whole school hasn't told me?! even talia knows. and talia prefers to be so out of the loop that she doesn't know shit!" I replied.

"so you're gonna believe the school telling you I'm cheating over me? your boyfriend?"

"no! I'm just pissed that your arm was around her waist! and nobody said you were cheating, I was just wondering about your arm placement! where'd that come from, huh?" I sniped back at him.

"I don't know what you want me to tell you!"

"the truth! there's no reason for your arm to be around cheyenne's waist! so why was it there?"

"she. fell. over." he punched his fist into his hand to punctuate his sentence.

"you could've made sure from a distance that she was ok!"

"you're being dramatic."

"oh, wow! ok! how would you like it if I started walking around holding bruce's arm to my chest, my hands wrapped tightly around his biceps? huh? would you like that?!" I stepped forward to him as I yelled.

"fine! you go do that! maybe i'll start hugging imani too?!" vance was stood up now.

"oh my god!" a humourless laugh left my lips as I turned away from him.

"oh, does that upset you?"

"yes! that's the whole reason I brought up you holding cheyenne's waist! cuz it upset me!" I turned back to him.

"you're being ridiculous."

"so you're just gonna brush my feelings off like that? seriously?! do you not care that I'm upset in the slightest?"

"I have other shit going on in my life, not just you!"

"and I understand that!"
"doesn't seem like it!"
"I do! but that doesn't give you the right to disregard how I feel!"
"I'm not disregarding shit."
"vance!"

"what?!" I flinched as vance raised his arms in the air in exasperation. the silence that blanketed the room was deafening. "y/n..."

"I should go." embarrassment cringed my body and flushed my face. I grabbed my bag and shouldered it before moving towards his door.

"y/n..."

"stop, vance... everybody warned me about you. about what you're like. I think... I need some time to think about this." my hand was on the door handle as I spoke.

"y/n..."

"no, vance. this isn't a break up. just a breather." I said slowly. "I hope you don't use this to make any cheating rumours true."

and with that, I left. I left the hopper household quickly, tears pooling in my eyes and sniffles running my nose. I hurried down the street, knocking shoulders with a few people as I struggled to wipe the tears that were flowing down my cheeks.

I felt angry. hurt. betrayed. why did he accuse me of accusing him of cheating? I didn't bring that up. nobody did! so why did he resort to that?

my insides twisted with worry as I began to fear the worst for our relationship...

***

UH OHHH

TROUBLEEEEE