No Way Out

Shadow looked over at the Chaos Council's Mother Ship as he stood on a crystal shard in the Void. "Gah. All of this debris is slowing us down! Someone take care of it now!" Mr. Doctor Eggman snarled from inside the Mother Ship. Don't was in control of piloting the ship destroying the crystal shards as Babble was seen playing on Don't's gaming device.

Eggman went into the room with the shards as he saw Nine and Wasp continue their work from their laptop. He then asked the Mother Ship to play an audiobook, and it did. Wasp looked up and sighed at the sight. She couldn't wait to get off of this godforsaken ship and start her new life. Nine scoffed and smirked and Wasp laughed as Mr. Doctor Eggman commanded the audiobook to be turned off.

"Smirk and laugh while you can rats. Soon the Chaos Council will have a third shard in our grasp. Pray we still require your assistance when that happens," he then snarled as Wasp laughed again. "You two will need all the help you can get with Sonic out there," she said as Nine continued to type. Eggman then snarled, "Zip it! The only thing I want to hear is the sound of you two upgrading the Shatter Drive to contain more prism energy!"

The ship then rumbled as Mr. Doctor Eggman fell off his chair, his toupee falling too. "For the love of-don't get any funny ideas!" he snarled again as Nine and Wasp smirked at him. "We wouldn't dream of it," Nine replied as Eggman left the room. Nine then tried to get Sonic's attention, and Wasp was starting to get worried as to what was going on.

------------------

Things were heating up in the No Place, for a giant Sonic was holding Dread in his grasp, infuriated that he was going to betray him. "This is your final chance. Team up with me and get your shard, or you shall perish under my might!" Sonic roared. Dread didn't know what to do, but Nine's voice then stopped the hedgehog and god hybrid from attacking. "Sonic! Come in Sonic! Are you ok?" Nine asked in worriment.

Dread was about to speak up, but Sonic hissed at him. "Sonic? Was that you? Why do you sound like that?" Wasp asked in worriment. He wanted to answer, but he used his powers to project his thoughts into words, saying that he'll talk to them later. The foxes hung up, and Sonic became bent on destroying Dread.

"What are you doing?! This wasn't-" Dread was then cut off by Sonic. "SILENCE! The plan changed when you were about to betray me!" Sonic roared as he threw Dread on the Kraken. Desiree was about to speak up, trying to get both boys to stop, but Sonic shifted to his smaller god form and landed on the Kraken's stern, still mad. Dread saw the shard, but Sonic got it with a tendril and used his stretchy flame arms to grab Dread's chest.

He was still nervous, but then said, "I'd never betray a creature such as you! Is this why you be angry? Tell them that I wasn't going to betray you!" he then turned to his crew, but they all didn't listen to his lies. "You didn't say it like that to us!" Rose snarled at her captain. She aimed her blaster at him. Dread laughed again as he turned to a growling Sonic.

"See? They refuse to believe your lies. I was coming back to get that shard, and here you go turning behind my back, lying to your crew," Sonic growled, his grip on Dread getting tighter. Batten did understand the point that Sonic was making. "Don't listen to him and his-" Dread was cut off by Sonic roaring "LIES!".

He attacked Dread as the two ran to the door to the Kraken's lower parts. "Can you boys please stop?!" Desiree shouted in worriment. Dread and Sonic both growled in her face. She didn't even flinch. She crossed her arms before drawing her sword out. Dread backed up as the others inched closer to him. "What's wrong with you guys? I'm your captain! I can explain!" Dread reasoned.

"A captain would never lie to his crew, or betray the fiercest creature on the high seas!" Desiree snarled as she and Sails both had their swords pointed at him. Dread was about to speak up, but Sonic grabbed Dread's chest again and growled. "Admit that you lied to your crew, or no treasure for you," Sonic snarled.