Shattered: Part 1

"Be an object of devotion, be the subject of Psalms. It's a rather touching notion! All those prayers and those salaams! And who am I to bridle, if I'm forced to be an idol? If they say that I'm a god, that's what I am!"-It's Tough to be a God from the Road to El Dorado.

Sonic slowly falls through darkness as Eggman appears in small lights.

"One day I'll destroy that hedgehog and, the world will be a brighter place for it, lit by neon!"

Tails appears after Eggman's image fades.

"As long as me and Sis are around, you'll always have a wingman!"

Amy appears after Tails.

"The forest is the most beautiful place on Earth!"

Knuckles appears next and punches his fists.

"I don't need the details, just tell me when to smash!"

Rouge appears next and chuckles.

"You may not like how I do things, but I get things done!"

Finally, Annabelle appears.

"I don't care if you're Dark Gaia. I still love you just the same, and don't ever forget that!"

Amy then appears again after Annabelle.

"Hey, I may be the one who can bring everyone together, but there's only one hedgehog and god hybrid they'll follow into battle."

Tails appears again, and he laughs.

"I don't need an army when I've got a friend like you Sonic! Well, asides from your spawn back in the Underground!"

"I will rule the world, and no gods are going to stop me!" Eggman's voice echoed.

"We'd follow you anywhere Sonic," Amy's voice then echoed next.

Tails and Annabelle's voices were heard last.

"Nothing could ever break our friendship Sonic."

"Yeah. What Tails said. Just like how our powerful bond will never stop growing!"

Sonic soon floats into whiteness.

------------------

Smoke and electricity, as well as merged with fire, appear as a ball of energy bursts to reveal Sonic, who is on his knees, panting. He then gets up, not noticing his sizzling shoes and slightly glowing hands, and moans in pain. He places his hand on his head. "Ugh. That's a sonic boom of a headache," Sonic complained.

He then begins to look around. "Wh-Where am I?" He spins to see a light hitting him. "Huh?" Sonic then screams as he gets hit by a truck, but then climbs up to the truck's grill to get a better view of what he was looking at. "Uh..."

Sonic's train of thought gets interrupted as he ducks under a train. "Close one." The truck soon turns as Sonic falls off of it, screaming. He lands on a moving sidewalk, being careful not to use his powers. The sidewalk turns as Sonic falls off of it. He quickly teleports away before a robotic broom could sweep him away. Thankfully, no one noticed his little teleport scheme. He placed his hand on the wall. "Why can't I remember how I got here?" he questioned. He then placed his hand off of the wall. "Think Sonic, think!"

This was when he noticed his sizzling shoes and glowing hands. He looked down at his shoes first. "Woah. What's up with my shoes?" he got a closer look at them, and then his hands. "My hands too!" He flipped them around, feeling the power flowing through him. "I haven't seen anything like this ever since I ate truck stop chili dogs."