Barking Up the Wrong Tree

Poinsettia snarled and growled as she held her powered up blade to Sonic's neck, Mangey watching from behind in horror. She then slashed Sonic's chest, sending him flying as a nasty cut was shown on it. Everything fades to white as Sonic began to experience a flashback.

Flashback

"Annie, can I open my eyes now?" Sonic asked his girlfriend as he was walking towards a palm tree, eyes covered. "Hehe. Not yet Blue Boy," Annabelle told him. "Annie, you better not be tricking me into the water again," he then complained. At the same time, he knew that Annabelle would never trick him about going into the water. She could save him!

Annabelle then laughed, "No trick Sony. Trust me, you're gonna love it. Ok, open them!"  Sonic took his hands away from his face as he saw all of his friends in front of a palm tree. "Ta-da!" Annabelle said with an introduction and smile. Sonic looked confused at first. "Seriously? You got me...a palm tree? So this is a trick," he said looking at Annabelle.

"No Sonic, this isn't a trick," Annabelle explains to Sonic. "But I already have so many palm trees. Like that one, and that one, and those over there," Sonic then says pointing at some palm trees. Annabelle laughed and patted Sonic's shoulder. "The gift isn't just the tree, but all of the memories that we've made around it," Annabelle finally said.

Tails was seen flying next to the tree, smiling. "Like that time when you bet me I couldn't fly up to the top by the time you ran home and back? You still owe me, by the way," Tails said with a chuckle. Knuckles then punched the side of the tree, a coconut falling into his hands. "And the time we worked together to make Annabelle that coconut cream pie. You know how much she loves that stuff!" Knuckles then said.

Rouge flew up to the tree. "Or the time I saw you buy a coconut cream pie and told Annabelle you made it," she said. She swooped down and took the coconut from Knuckles, with Sonic laughing nervously and Annabelle glaring at him. Amy chuckled at Sonic's expression. "Yeah, yeah laugh it up," Sonic said moaning.

Big then spoke up. "Or the time I laughed so hard, chili shot out my nose! I still can't smell after that!" he says it with a laugh. Annabelle smiled and touched the palm tree. "Indeed. Really good times." She looked at Sonic and said, "Don't you think so?"  Sonic smiled in advance. "Oh come on guys don't you think you're all being a little too...I don't know...sentimental?"

He lays down on the picnic blanket, doing a bit of a pose as his ears and tails caught the wind and swayed behind him. "Look, I get it. Tree, friendship, memories," Sonic then stops as soon as he saw Big with a plate of chili dogs, causing him to gasp happily as he grabbed the plate with his tendrils and began to eat the entire plate like a madman.

Annabelle, putting her hand on her hip, sighed. "I guess you still don't get it, huh Sonic?" she said. Amy, along with the pink flicky they hung out with, joined her. "He still has a lot to learn, but he'll get there," Amy tells Annabelle, who nods in advance.

End Flashback

Sonic crashes into the ground as Mangey quickly darted over to him, noticing the cut on Sonic's chest. "Don't worry bud. I can heal it," Sonic replies as he used bits of his magic to heal the cut. Thorn then jumped into the fray, smashing her hammer into the ground as Sonic and Mangey both quickly dodged it.

Thorn smiled wickedly at the vine she had formed, and Poinsettia had the same thoughts as she slashed her blade at the ground, more vines forming despite them being smaller. The two turned to Sonic and Mangey, who were frightened. "Yes! With the Heart of the Jungle's powers, we can now regenerate the jungle in a single strike. Let us rise Sister!" Thorn told Poinsettia.