Avoid the Void

"I gotta escape the void. There's no other choice, yeah tryna turn down the voices. The void ate me. Look at the mess I've done, there's nowhere to run, yeah holding a loaded gun. The void."-VOID by Melanie Martinez.

Voices were heard in the darkness. Shadow's, Annabelle's, Tails', and lastly, all of them. Sonic was seen floating through the Void as Shadow chaos controlled into it, still holding the emerald. He looked around, realizing that his home, and his love, were gone. "Sonic. You'll pay for this," Shadow snarled.

He put the emerald up and chased after Sonic, hearing the voices of Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Rouge, and Annabelle in the process. A light soon blinded Shadow as Sonic disappeared into the New Yoke City rift. Once the light faded, Shadow sped towards the rift, trying to enter it. He failed to, for the rift sent him back.

Shadow dropped the Chaos Emerald he was holding before, for it fell into the darkest part of the Void as he crashed into a giant crystal shard. He moaned, rubbed his head, and realized that the emerald was gone. "The Chaos Emerald!" Shadow exclaimed, seeing that it was gone. Shadow then sped towards the New Yoke rift again, trying his best to get into it.

Punch after punch after punch, he still couldn't get in. Scenes flash: Sonic looking at his sizzling shoes and hands, Nine and Wasp giving him the devices, and finally, him running in the hamster ball, prism and Dark Gaia energy flashing ever which way as Sonic's body began to change.

When Sonic roared, a blast of prism energy thinned the veil to the New Yoke rift, surprising Shadow. That was when he saw Sonic through the energy. He had to get to him, no matter the cost. "Sonic! It's broken! It's all broken!" Shadow exclaimed as he entered the thinned veil.

It then shows Sonic fully transformed to the point he roared so loud, causing a blast of prism energy to escape the Chaos Council's base, forming a power outage. The blast struct Shadow as he was sent flying away a few inches from the New Yoke rift and onto a crystal shard. When he got up, he noticed a fourth rift that was yellow, unlike the other three that were red, green, and blue.

Sonic is seen getting sucked into the New Yoke shard as he was sent flying to Boscage Maze. Shadow span around and darted over to that rift, following Sonic. As more prism energy surrounded Sonic, Shadow stood in front of the rift, and screamed Sonic's name. Now Sonic was seen tripping over a vine and getting sucked into the Boscage shard as Shadow followed him back to New Yoke, stopping in front of the rift.

As Sonic ran in New Yoke, he became surrounded in prism energy again. "What the-" he started he then saw Shadow. "Sonic! Keep running! Do not stop!" Shadow shouted through the veil. The black hedgehog then watched as Sonic zipped out of the New Yoke rift to the final one: No Place. Shadow followed his rival there.

Shadow snarled, and then moved out of the way when Sonic was seen screaming as he flew out of the No Place rift. After seeing Sonic float out of No Place, Shadow kicked the giant crystal shard he was on and hit Sonic with it. He groaned after the hit, and when he opened his eyes, he saw Shadow in front of him.

"Shadow?" Sonic asked in shock. Shadow just stared at Sonic, already angry at Sonic destroying Green Hill. "Look, I don't have time to deal with whoever you are. I just want to go home. I want to see Annie again. Please," Sonic pleaded.

Shadow then growled at Sonic in agony. "Home? Home and Annie don't exist anymore...because of YOU!" he yelled. Shadow then charged at full force and punched Sonic as he screamed, crash landing into another giant crystal. Sonic quickly gasped as he dodged Shadow's second punch. Soon, it was a high speed chase through the Void as Sonic's long serpent tail flew behind him.

"Can't you just leave me alone for once?" Sonic moaned before getting slammed in the back. Sonic screamed as he crashed into more and more crystals, Shadow getting agitated as he followed Sonic, who kept slipping and sliding until he finally landed on a crystal, panting. "Alright. Gonna get back to New Yoke City. Find Nine and Wasp. Heh, maybe they can pass through and I can catch a ride," Sonic said to himself as he ran on the crystal.