Chapter thirty

With one last look at me, she turned and disappeared in the dark. It was her. She was here. Nothing made sense. How was she here? How did she get here? So many questions. I had to go after her.

"Did you say something?" Brayan asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No. No I didn't" I said quickly. He had this look on his face and I quickly looked away. I couldn't go after her.

"You look flushed. Are you sick?"

"No"

"Do you want to go home?"

Maybe I should go home.

"Yes please"

"Okay. Just come wait under the light there. I'll tell the others we are leaving and we can go home together"

I nodded and turned away, ignoring his piercing look on my back. Nevaeh was somehow in the beasts town but nobody could find her.

I couldn't call mama about it. I couldn't call anyone. Not when it seems like they were trying to hide her. I just couldn't trust anyone at this point.

I chewed at my fingernails, completely lost in thought.

A cold hand rested on my shoulder and I jumped in fright. It was Brayan who was staring down at me strangely.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

I forced a chuckle. "Yes. I just need to lay down"

"Let's go home then"

"Hey... hey" we stopped walking and looked back. It was Garret.

"Are you leaving already?"

"Yes. Paisley is not feeling too good"

"Paisley?"

I forced a smile on my face.

"Yes" he looked at my dress with a frown on his face.

"How... I saw you on the other side few minutes ago. Did you change out of your clothes?"

I stiffened. He had seen her. Fuck he had seen her. I was hyperventilating now. My palms sweaty as fuck and my chest constricted.

"Paisley.. Paisley" Brayan shook me roughly.

"Take deep breaths. Slowly. Breathe with me" I followed the pattern of his breath until my breathing went back to normal.

"Are you okay? Was it something I said" Garret asked.

"No. No" I said quickly.

"It's just....." I didn't know what lie to tell.

"We'll be going now Garret. Have a good night" Brayan said pulling my arms gently.

"Goodnight" Garret said and I waved at him.

Garret only confirmed the truth to me. Nevaeh was here and he had seen her. I wonder how many others had also seen her and thought it was me. Why was she playing this fucking game with me.

Brayan's hand moved to mine, pulling it away from his skin. I noticed I had been digging my nails into his arm and I had spilled some blood.

"Fuck. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry"

"It's okay"

There were no words between us as we walked.

"Are you going to tell me what is making you so tensed?" He asked suddenly and breathing became difficult again.

"Relax. You're doing it again"

I relaxed my breathing and thought of what to say to him.

"I... I thought I saw someone familiar"

"From your home?"

"Y-Yes. No. It's not from my home. From my town actually" I corrected myself quickly. I didn't want him to think it was a family member.

"An old friend?"

"Yeah"

"If you can recognize her maybe we can search for her if you want"

"No" I shouted quickly.

"I mean thank you for the offer but there'll be no need"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. There's no need. We weren't even close and I thought whoever it was looked like her. Must have been a mistake because she left town. Not to this town because she was never chosen to be a bride. Somewhere else so it can't possibly her" I said in one breath.

"Okay then"

Thankfully, he didn't ask me anything about it again. We completed the walk to the house and we climbed upstairs. The house was silent.

"You go up. I'll finish somethings at the office and check on Naomi"

"Okay" I said and watched him go.

I was really nervous about tonight. It'll be the first time we'll spend on the bed as lovers. It made me nervous as hell and partly excited because I wanted more of what we did yesterday but firstly, I needed to relax.

I took of my clothes the moment I stepped through the bedroom door, folding it neatly and putting not in the laundry basket. I crossed the room naked and entered the bathroom.

I checked the shelves for bath bombs. I had not come with any of mine and I looked at the ones he had there.

I took one out and put it into the warm water now filling the tub. After it was ready, I climbed into the bathtub and closed my eyes, relaxing my head on the head of the tub.

I felt a lot calmer just relaxing in the tub. The warm water soothing my skin and the lovely scent from the bath bomb filling my nose.

"Want me to join you" I jerked my eyes open, my hands flying to my breast trying to cover it. He shuffled a chuckle as I glared at him.

"You scared me to death. I didn't hear you come in. Why didn't you make a sound?"

"You looked so relaxed unlike how tensed you've been tonight"

"Baths are relaxing"

"Yeah" he said absentmindedly. His fingers moving in the water.

"I thought you wanted to finish up some work and see Naomi. I didn't expect you back soon"

"Naomi is asleep already and I changed my mind about finishing the work tonight. I'm tired already plus Tomas promised to help me finish it tomorrow"

"Okay" I nodded.

"I also didn't want to leave you by yourself" my stomach fluttered.

"I wanted to help you relax"

"You don't have to. I'm no longer tense"

He chuckled. The sound making my thighs clench under the water.

"I don't have to. But I want to" my whole face must have been so red from how hard I blushed.

"So. Can I join you?"

Of course I wanted him to join me.

"Yes" he stripped off his shirt and pants. My eyes glued to his semi erect cock.

He climbed in behind me, lifting me by my hips and placing me between his open thigh. I was feeling so hot with our skin touching each other.

His hands trailed my stomach lightly. I moaned at his light touch. His fingers moved lower and I struggled to stay calm.

I twisted my neck and captured his lips in a burning kiss. His hands moved between my legs and the other rested on my hardened nipples.

I moaned into his mouth. His fingers teased my entrance lightly while my insides aches for him. I wanted him to plunge his fingers into me and finger fuck me until I couldn't form a sane thought.

I pulled away from our kiss and he lightly but my ear while his fingers lightly teased my clit.

"Please" I begged while grinding my ass into him.

He didn't acknowledge my plea and continued teasing me instead.

"Pleaseeee" I moaned into his ear and he plunged his fingers into me and captured my lips for another breath taking kiss.