Chapter fifteen

As per Elowen's instruction, I was dressed and ready to go before the crack of dawn. My back ached but I slept better than my first night here. I heard a sound in the bathroom and looked at the bed.

Brayan was not in bed. He must have gone into the bathroom while I was in the closet. I heard the sound of the shower come on. I hoped he wasn't going anywhere with us today.

He had not said a single word to me in two days. All he did was give me the stink eye. The bathroom door opened and he stepped out. I fought myself so I wouldn't look at him. Look at the water dripping from his bare chest. Those abs. Fuck. I shifted uneasily in my seat. It must be something in the air. I shouldn't be thinking about him like that.

I expected him to go to the closet but he walked in my direction. I looked up in panic and our eyes met.

"Here. Take this" I looked at the small parcel in his hand and frowned.

"What is that?"

"It doesn't matter. Take it" he commanded. Did he think I was a fool? There was no way I was going to take anything from him.

"I'm not taking that" I stood up and moved away from the couch. He grabbed my arms and a small moan left my lips. This was the first time he was touching me and the tingles from his touch was messing with my head. I blushed in embarrassment and tried to move away from him but he held me firmly.

"Let me go" I tried to sound commanding but I sounded breathless.

"Take it" he said again and I shook my head. I was scared to open my mouth. What is another moan came out.

"I'll only let you go if you take the damn thing" did I really want him to let me go?

He pulled me into his chest and my eyes widened, a small gasp escaping me.

"W-What..... What are you doing?" He ignored my question and only lifted the small parcel. He moved his face closer to mine, his minty breath hitting my face. His eyes were not the deep green I knew. They were pitch black, commanding and alluring. I couldn't think straight. His scent and close proximity was turning me into a mess.

"Take. It" he enunciated each word and my fingers moved, taking the parcel from his hand. He moved his nose into the crook of my neck and I fought to stay still.

He suddenly pulled away, his eyes back to their normal green and filled with distaste directed towards me.

"Give that to the women" he said before storming away and leaving me breathless. What the hell just happened right now. The front of my dress was damp from when he pulled me into his chest. Fuck. I've ruined it.

A knock sounded on the door and I rushed to it. It was Elowen.

"Good morning love"

"Good morning mom"

"It's time to go" I nodded and walked out of the room. The dress wasn't that bad and it'll dry off before we reached our destination. Possibly.

A car was waiting for us out front and Nouria was in it.

"The women of old in charge of the ritual will be waiting for us at the river" Nouria said.

"The women of old?"

"They are the oldest women. Responsible for the mating rituals of the royal family" Elowen answered for her.

I was curious about these rituals.

"Can you tell me about these rituals?"

"They are four in number and are made to prepare you for your life as the queen"