Chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Am I understood" I asked leaning closer to her. Her eyes travelled to my lips and her tongue darted out to lick her pink lips.

I wanted to lick them for her. My pants tightened and I groaned. She snapped out from her trance and pushed at my chest. I moved back and watched her.

"If you ever put your hands on me, I'll break every single finger you have" she threatened. Her voice came out steady surprisingly. Her heart was pounding against her chest.

"Try me and see" I said in a hard voice and she hissed before stomping past me and I looked at her ass.

You should have kissed her. My wolf chided.

I ignored him and followed after the wild cat who kept looking over her shoulder and increased her steps.

"Cousin" a loud voice said and I groaned. Why the fuck did I come down here.

"And who is this?" He turned his attention to Paisley.

"You didn't tell me the goddess visited your home" he took her fingers and I heard her giggle. My fists tightened.

"What's your name?"

"Paisley" she said in a small voice. I scowled. Where did her fiery attitude disappear to.

"Come. Let's seat. My legs will give out if I keep standing"

"Com on" she took him to a couch and the two sat together. I should have left at that moment but I didn't. I sat on one of the couches and Aunt Whitely came over.

I tried to listen to what she was saying but the laughs and giggles from them were distracting. In fact, I was furious that she was giggling at his foolishness.

My irritation grew and I felt like punching something. Preferably Garret's face. She chuckled loudly again and I heard Aunty Whitely snort. Seems like she was actually interested in them.

They didn't stop until it was time for dinner and I sat through it all. The table was set and it was time to eat.

"You can seat beside me" I heard her say as they walked past.

I stood up and made my way to my seat. My actual seat not the one I had been occupying these last few days. I saw the confused look on her face as I took my place before Garret could dream of doing it.

"What are you doing here?" She asked through gritted teeth.

"In case you have forgotten, this is my place"

"That you have refused to occupy since I came here"

I shrugged. "I finally decided to stay here"

"Let's eat" my father said. Garret had already taken the space beside Aunt Whitley.

"Brayan? I'm surprised your sitting here" my father said.

"The seat belongs to me doesn't it?" He rolled his eyes and I saw mama fighting back a chuckle.

"Paisley. How are you doing. My mate says you and Garret are getting along"

"Yes. He's a very entertaining person"

"Just entertaining? You hurt me love" he placed his hand against his chest and she chuckled.

"And so many other things. I like him a lot"

What the fuck? She just met him few hours ago and she suddenly likes him?

She's supposed to like us. My wolf snarled. He wanted Garret's head.

"Yes. He's a very likable person. His mate will enjoy him" I don't know what my father was trying to do. He was never one to publicly praise any male.

"I'm sure she will" I tightened my hand around my fork.

"Paisley. Did you finally get a hold of the person you were trying to call?" Mama asked and she stiffened.

"Ummm... I.." she cleared her throat.

"Are you okay?" Winry asked.

"Yes. The... The line was not connecting" I frowned at that. I heard her talking and she was holding the phone. She took a drink from her glass.

"Was it your sister?" she choked on the water.

I rubbed her back out of instincts and she held on to my arm.

"Are you okay?" Mum asked with panic.

She nodded.

"Maybe we should eat and ask the questions later" I suggested and mama nodded. She had guilt written all over her face.

We went back to eating silently and I noticed Paisley was picking at her food.

Paisley had a sister. Could it be Nevaeh? They looked so much alike. But why did she react in that way.

She was still tense as she tried to eat. She was definitely hiding something and I planned to find out what she was hiding.