8

Freen was a loner. No one wanted to be her friend. Everyone thought she was a freak. Just because she is different, no one wanted to play with her.

But that changed when she arrived. Rebecca Patricia Armstrong is the ray of sunshine that brought happiness back into Freen's life.

The first time that the girl held her hand to play with her made her whole world stop. She was the first kid around her age to do so.

Though she was 4 years older than Becky, it made her so happy to finally have a playmate.

Becky has an older brother who is only a year older than Freen, but she was more drawn into the younger. As a kid, she thought that it's because they are both girls, they can relate better to one another. But as she grew up together with the bratty kid, she figured that they have almost nothing in common, yet she's still swoon.

She's been with her since that day, eventually falling in love in the process. I mean, who wouldn't? Rebecca is her pretty little princess. She may be bitchy, and she may have been treating Freen roughly since other people started shipping them, but she's still the old Becky. Freen's first friend - the one who was there for her on her darkest days. And she's not that bad. She can look and seem cold and mean, but she's actually a softie. Well, at least in Freen's eyes.

Freen put the latter on a pedestal. She is her everything, so much so that she was willing to do everything for her.

So, one time when she overhead her parents talking about the Armstrong family potentially going bankrupt, she stepped in. She doesn't want her princess to lose her comfortable life. She begged her parents to help them. She promised to do everything for them to agree. What they asked in return though was something she was never ready for.

Her parents told her that if she wanted to help them, she has to marry the girl. It was the only way to ensure that they wouldn't be at a losing side. Marrying their children would permanently merge the two families and solidify them, ensuring security for both.

Freen didn't want to agree, knowing how this would affect her and Becky's relationship, but she had no choice. It was the only way to save the latter's family, so she decided to say yes, asking for a promise from her parents that they hide the favor she asked and the fact that the Armstrong's are going bankrupt. She didn't want her to think that they were in any way indebted to their family.

Freen knows that this marriage may ruin her relationship with the girl she loves, but she has to do it. She silently cried in her room, asking for forgiveness from the latter in her mind. Promising to herself that she will not cage Becky with her love or their marriage. She will set her free once she can already stand on her own. She will willingly leave her when she finds someone she will love and will love her back.