017.

T H R E E    D A Y S    L A T E R

T H R E E    D A Y S    L A T E R . . .

"Happy birthday to Zayley, happy birthday to you!" The staff from the radiology floor sang before they erupted with claps and cheers. 

"You guys are too kind. Thank you." Zayley smiled, feeling nothing but genuine love from her co-workers.

"No, thank you for being an amazing colleague." Tim, one of her favorite X-ray techs patted her shoulder.

"Not to mention a fantastic P.A. I can always count on you to get the job done." Dr. Rowan added as other fellow doctors agreed.

"Stop. You guys are gonna make me cry." Zayley whined,  fanning away her tears.

"It's the truth. Having you on our team these past few months has been great. Thank you for contributing so much to this department." Tim thanked her sincerely.

"Okay, okay. Enough of the sappy stuff." Zayley wiped her tears, "Thank you again, but I need to go check on one of my patients."

"Uh, uh not so fast young lady." Dr. Rowan spoke as she grabbed the hidden bouquet from the back of the break room, "I believe these beauties are for you."

"Aww, thank you

"Aww, thank you. These are so pretty!" Zayley beamed with joy due to the sight of her favorite flowers.

"Oh no sweetheart, we didn't get you these." Tim pointed out.

"Okay, so who did?" Confusion was written over her face as she darted her eyes between the two people.

Zayley's eyes eventually stopped on Dr. Rowan, noticing the slight smirk on her face. "Doctor Rowan, you know something I don't?"

"I do. But that's for me to know, and you go find out." She responded, retrieving an envelope from her white coat. "Read it. It'll tell you everything you need to know."

Huffing, Zayley grabbed the envelope as her colleagues returned to their jobs. Instantly her heart warmed once she opened it and saw the familiar handwriting.