009.

O N E    W E E K    L A T E R

O N E    W E E K    L A T E R . . .

Elated. Satisfied. Blessed.

Those were the words Jordan felt recently.

It had been officially a week since Zayley and Jordan hashed out everything, and he was ecstatic to say the least. He was happy to have straightened out their past relationship but having his friend back was a bonus he didn't expect.

They hadn't seen each other since being trapped inside the elevator due to him playing in pre-season games all week and her working shifts at the hospital. That didn't stop him from texting her throughout the day and calling at night. Being able to have normal conversations like they used to put his mind at ease. It was truly the highlight of his day.

Zayley however was a little bit more on the skeptical side of things. She was starting to question whether it was a good idea to befriend Jordan. She could admit that she missed his presence over the years, but that didn't stop the uncertainty from seeping through.

She didn't want people to get the wrong idea, especially her boyfriend, Quentin. She knew he would have mixed feelings about the friendship, hence why she hadn't brought it up to him.

Aside from the misleading impressions, Zayley held a piece of herself back from Jordan. The thought of fully stepping back into a friendship with him was nerve-racking. But who could blame her? After what Jordan put her through, she was under the impression to fear for the worse at any given moment.

Unbeknownst to Zayley, Jordan could sense the detachment. He knew it was going to take some adjusting for her. Being the kind of guy he was, he didn't mind the wait. He wanted her to feel comfortable around him. If that meant proving to her that he wasn't the same guy from years before, then that's what he was going to do.

As of now, Jordan was sitting on the bench at the Chase Center with a huge smile on his face. Zayley had sent him an old picture of them during one of his AAU tournaments.