007.

T W O    D A Y S    L A T E R

T W O    D A Y S    L A T E R . . .

Zayley steadily tapped her thumbs against her steering wheel as her eyes were glued to the Golden State Warriors office. Otherwise known as the place the team practiced.

Zayley had no intention of coming here. She had no reason to. But those objectives were flown out the window when she got a call at work from Kendra. Since Zayley was nearing her lunch break, Kendra asked her younger sister if she could pick up Kensley from school and drop her off at the facility.

A panicky feeling invaded her chest as she thought of the chances of seeing her ex-boyfriend/best friend again. She didn't know the scheduled time they practiced, so there was a possibility of another exchange between the two.

Every part of her hoped that those chances were slim to none. She didn't want or need to see him.

"Auntie Z, are you okay?" Kensley spoke up from the backseat. She was seated securely in her booster seat, wondering why they had been in the car longer than intended.

"Yeah, I'm okay Kens. You ready to see your mom?" Zayley asked, turning off the ignition and unbuckling her seatbelt.

"Yep. She always keeps candy in her office drawers for me whenever I visit. But that tall light skinned guy with the big ears on the team always tries to take it." She pouted as Zayley laughed.

"I'm sure he likes candy just as much you do. You know it's good the share with others." Zayley said while helping her niece out of the car.

The pair walked hand in hand inside the facility, taking in the giant posters and accolades the organization had gained over the years. That was until it struck Zayley that she didn't know where she was going.

"Do you know where your mom's office is?" She questioned the six-year-old. Kensley shook her head no in response.

Some help.

Zayley huffed in frustration as she pulled out her cell phone, "I guess I should give Kendra a call."

"Wait, I have an idea!" The smaller child squealed as she grabbed her aunt's hand, dragging her in a different direction.

"Kensley, I hope you know where we're going. We can't be wandering off to random places." Zayley informed, trying to keep up with her.

"Don't worry. I know someone who can help us." She replied as the two turned down a random hallway and stood outside a closed door, which Kensley knocked on repeatedly.

Zayley couldn't determine what was happening until the door swung open, revealing a person she least expected.

"Hey Coach Steve!" Kensley smiled, waving at the taller man.