018.

T H E    N E X T    D A Y

T H E    N E X T    D A Y . . .

Jordan woke up to the luminous source of sunlight coming from the curtains. It was an unfamiliar feeling since he was so used to his cats waking him up every morning.

The unfamiliarity continued as he took a glance around the room. It was well decorated with additional knick-knacks that had brought the space together.

'This is definitely not my room.' He thought, rubbing the drowsiness out of his eyes.

Feeling a weight on his chest, Jordan looked down to find a girl's body lying on top of him.

This girl, you may ask? It was the one and only Zayley Palmer.

Jordan blinked a couple of times as panic rose throughout his limbs. It soon subsided as memories of Zayley's birthday dinner from the night before flooded his mind.

FLASHBACK - last night

"It was 2:00 am walkin' into the club. Seen him from a distance, knew who he was!" Zayley sang off-key as Jordan steered her out of the elevator and to her apartment door.

She had one too many drinks, and Jordan knew she was drunk once she and the girls began doing karaoke and dancing at dinner. He didn't complain though. He was glad to see her letting loose and enjoying herself.

However, after seeing her almost bust her ass for the millionth time tonight, he knew he had to get her home before she ended up in a hospital bed.

"Always liked a nigga who came from the mud." Zayley laid her head on Jordan's shoulder.

"Where are your keys baby?" He sighed. His bed was calling his name, and he desperately wanted to fall into a deep slumber.

"Look in his eyes and I knew he wanted to fuck me off the Tesla yes sir!" She ignored him completely as she whined her hips. "C'mon, finish the lyrics. I know you wanna."

Jordan couldn't help but shake his head as she put an imaginary microphone to his lips, "Tonight we fallin' in love."

"Ah, there you go. I knew you were a Mariah fan at heart." She spoke, singing the rest of the song to herself.

'That headache gonna kick her ass in the morning.' He thought.

Once he got a hold of her purse and found her keys, he unlocked the door and allowed her to walk in first.

"Ugh, my feet are killing me!" Zayley flopped face down on the couch.

"Says the person who danced to every song," Jordan mumbled, kneeling to unstrap her heels.

"Who wouldn't? They were playing the good ole jams."