008.

H O U R S    L A T E R

H O U R S    L A T E R . . .

Two hours.

That's how long Zayley and Jordan had been stuck in the elevator.

After a while, they were able to get in contact with the mechanics. They gave them the estimated time between thirty to forty-five minutes to get the elevator back up and working properly.

But obviously, that was a lie since they were still trapped inside.

The two remained on opposite sides. Jordan who was calm as can be sat against the wall, making beats with his hands against the stone-cold flooring.

Zayley on the other hand paced back and forth, trying to figure out how to tell her supervisor the reason she was late clocking in from here lunch break.

"Would you stop tapping? It's giving me a headache."

"My fault." Jordan stopped almost immediately. He decided to occupy his time by watching Zayley frantic quietly.

"My god, what's taking them so long?" She groaned, glancing down at her watch.

"You good over there? You haven't stopped moving."

"I'm late for my shift at the hospital because the elevator wanted to stop working. Not to mention I'm stuck here in it with my ex. So no, I'm far from good."

Jordan brushed off the snarky comment. He understood her uptightness due to their current situation.

"So Moses wasn't lying when he said you were a doctor," Jordan replied shortly after, taking note of the charcoal gray scrubs that hugged her body.

"I'm not a doctor. I'm a physician assistant." Zayley mumbled, playing with the rings on her right hand.

Hearing this made Jordan break out into a smile. She always expressed her love of helping others. Along with the fact she was an extreme bookworm, it was no surprise to him that she made her dreams into reality.

"It's good to hear you're doing something you've always wanted to do. I'm happy for you."

Instead of the cold response he expected, she looked at him, this being the first time since they were confined between the four metal walls, "Thank you."

Finally stopping her pacing, Zayley sat on the floor across from Jordan, "I'm happy for you too. I always knew you were going to make it to the league."

"That means a lot. I preciate it." He said truthfully, looking deeply into her eyes.

To much surprise she stared back. "Regardless of how things ended between us I'm always gonna be happy for you."