003.

O N E    W E E K    L A T E R

O N E W E E K L A T E R . . .

"Auntie Z!" Natalia and Zayley heard as they walked inside the packed building.

Smiling, Zayley noticed her six-year-old niece running over. Reaching her level she held her arms out, "Kensley!"

The two embraced in a tight hug, "I missed you." Kensley said, squeezing her little arms around Zayley's neck for dear life.

"I missed you too." She replied truthfully, "Have you been a good girl for your mom?"

"Yes."

"Good, and how about school?"

"Great. Yesterday we learned subtraction, but I already knew how to do that since you taught me!" She explained excitedly.

"That's my girl!" Zayley raised her hand for a high five, which Kensley gladly took. "Whenever you're ready, I'll teach you how to subtract big numbers, okay?"

"Can you teach me next time you come over to visit?" She asked as they walked over to Zayley's sister.

"You got yourself a deal," Zayley spoke as they did their signature handshake. Kensley then ran off to play with the other kids.

Kendra had asked Zayley if she wanted to help with a children's event her job was hosting for a local boys and girls club in the Oakland area. Since Zayley knew Natalia and her had nothing planned, they figured they would go.

"Hey Kendra, you good?" The girls greeted her
with a hug as she did the same.

"Just trying to remain calm so I won't blow up in no one's face," Kendra spoke, checking off things on her to-do list.

Kendra was the event coordinator for the Golden State Warriors. She was formerly an event coordinator for her and her sister's hometown team, the Milwaukee Bucks.

"Well, don't y'all look cute today." A smile appeared on Kendra's face as she eyed them down.

"We're wearing t-shirts and sweats." Natalia glanced over their outfits, "It looks like we're about to go for a run."

"Ooh, that reminds me, put this on. This lets the kids know you are volunteers instead of kids." She handed them blue shirts with the team's logo stitched to them.

"Kendra, be for real. I'm 5'7. These kids aren't going to think of me as some little kid." Zayley said, adjusting the shirt over her body.

"Easy for you to say. I'm 5'3 and still get asked if I'm a minor." Natalia replied, putting her locs in a ponytail.

"Aye I've been meaning to ask, how are things with you and Quentin?" Kendra set her clipboard aside, giving her sister her full attention.

"Nothing new, same old bullshit." She replied, earning hard punches to her arm from both girls.