Chapter 27

I couldn't even go back to the reception, I just went straight home. I didn't want to spoil the fun for everyone so I went and stayed in my room.

The knock I heard on my door brought me out of tears. "Come in." I tried hard to compose myself before whoever it was on the other end came in.

Once Lew stepped in, I broke all over again. "Orla, where were you? Alfie wanted a picture with you before leaving for his hon...." He paused as soon as he realized I was crying. "What happened to you?" He asked cupping my face.

"You were right, Lew. Kal is stupid and a player. He doesn't even love me. We didn't work." Lew closed his eyes before I went and hugged him. "I'm so sorry for not trusting you Lew." I cried, it hurts so much.

"It's okay sweetheart, I'm just glad you finally realised he was using you so you can move on from both boys. After graduation, you will resume as the CEO of Drambuie investments and move on, make new friends and a new future partner probably." He said casually.

"Lew, I just can't move on from Caleb. He was everything to me and now...he's broken me, cut deep in my heart. I just can't move on from him." I explained and left Lew to go to my bed.

Lewis sighed then left, I thought he'd gone and was tired of my whining but he came back with a white box. "You see this here, is a box I got to get rid of Isla's stuff so I can move on from her but here. You can use this to get rid of every thing that reminds you of or any memories of Kal, okay?" He explained and I used the sleeves of the cardigan I changed into to clean my face.

"Will it work?" I asked then he sat beside me.

"That now depends on you, you forget his memories and lock them away." He said causally again like all this was normal.

"Did you love Isla?" I asked him then he got quiet.

"At some point..." He finally replied. "I thought I did but I was merely infatuated by her." That's why all this seemed normal. I didn't prod further, I just kept mute. "Orla, I will be leaving for London tomorrow, if business hits straight up I will be back in six months and by then, I want you to have moved on from Kal, can I at least expect that from you?" I was hesitan but I did. I promised him it's the least I could do.

Time flies, I realized. It all feels like yesterday when Kal broke my heart badly. I did as Lewis said. I kept all of Kal's things and everything that was related to him in the box. But up till now I still go to my closet and sit with the box reliving our memories, I still have my birthday present and necklace on.

Kendal and Ellis haven't tied the knot yet but they have a baby boy now who would be one next week. It's been a year and eight months since Alfie's wedding but who's counting?

After lew left he came back six months later as promised I thought he'd be mad but he was sad that I haven't moved on, I still haven't moved on from Kal I won't lie.

Kendal thinks what Kal said was a lie because Kal hasn't gotten married to any one and he hasn't come back home once either. I'm staring to feel the same way too.

Oh and good news, Dad approved me to be the legal CEO of our company on my birthday as a gift for earning a lot of profit.

Mother wants to buy a new house and Lexi is dating a very cute guy. "Hey Madam." I heard and looked up to my corporately dressed best friend and our mutual friend that Ellis doesn't have a problem with.

"Hey." I greeted back with a smile and then she looked at me curiously for a while.

"Thinking about my cousin again?"

"What? No! Why would I?" I asked as she took her sit.

"Oh, I don't know, your hand just seem like massaging the necklace he gave you." My hand instantly left the necklace. Ray just laughed.

Cupid's Heartbreak (Completed/ Re-editing In Progress)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara