Chapter 24

He’s got the necklace fixed. But he’s really mad at us, we’ve each tried to reach him, we asked his whereabouts but all in vain I didn’t put the chain on though, he has to put it on me.

"I told you he wasn’t going to like it." Kendal protested.

"No brother likes to hear their younger sister got pregnant. And we didn’t mean for him to find out the way he did." I defended.

"This is insane." She said panting.

"You need to calm down please, it’s not good for your health." I told her worrying about her condition and assisting her to sit.

Our Dean came into the home room. It was time for our project announcement. I kept waiting at the door just in case Kal came in. The hall got filled up but nothing, I didn’t see him. I went back to Kendal and sat with her. Just as I sat down, I saw Kal. He was already in the home room.

I went over to where he was. "Caleb." He turned to me with his angry look but said nothing his eyes darted to my neck.

"You’re not putting on the necklace, why?" He finally said.

"Caleb, that’s not important now…."

"It is important!" He snapped at me. "It’s the symbol of our relationship." He said angrily.

"Well, I’m not putting it on till you speak to Kendal!" I snapped back at him. "She’s in pain and it’s not good for her health. It could cause a complication or worse. I know you’re hurt and betrayed but she loves him and he loves her. I’ve met him and he’s really sweet towards Kendal, he’s ready to be the father of his child and husband to your cousin." My voice softened after that. "You can’t ever stop them from loving each other, the only thing you can do is support and bless them. But you don’t understand that, do you?"

I watched as he kept still not looking at me and pretending not to listen to me. "Till you do, I’m not  putting on this necklace or talking to you." I conclude and left, still he didn't do anything.

"Good afternoon Class’ 31st. I am your Chancellor or Principal as you all may know. I’m honoured to announce to you, your final project." Everyone clapped excitedly. "You will be split into two groups. Group A would be going to the Kelvingrove Gallery and Museum, while Group B would be going to the Rover side Museum." Whispers rose about, even I was curious. This is my final test in this school, it determines my final average.

"Don’t get over yourselves, will you? You are going to these Museums, not exactly on escortion but for your final project, I will let your Dean take over from here. Our Principal regarded us before leaving then our Dean came up.

"I will go straight to the point. On your ‘escortion’ you will be allowed to see the ancient artifacts to study the artifacts, then you will each be given the name of one of these artifacts to research on it then after a month, you will each return your presentation. As you know, your final project determines your graduation." We all murmured.

"Okay class, thank you for your co-operation and time, see you on Monday." The Dean addressed then left. I stayed in my seat so all other student will leave. I left after them to my car.

  I waited with my box on the cue. Our school buses are aligned on different sides of the road with a sign ‘A’ on the right and ‘B’ on the left.  About five lecturers on each sides.

Oh, yes today’s my birthday. My family, luckily, did not forget. I was woken by twelve in the midnight to blow out candles and I was given gifts. Mother promised a party after my final project.

Kendal and I talked earlier as she called to wish me a happy birthday. Kal still hasn't come around. I got closer to the jar that held little pieces of papers that had letters A and B in them. They would determine what group we will be in.