Chapter 12

Pouncing down the hall ways today, I felt different and very much happier than I thought. My decision to move on still stands and it's doing me great good. I didn’t even have the time to sulk or cry because next week tests are coming up and for us being in our final year things would be different.

After tests and exam, we would have to do our final project then graduation. I tripped on something but luckily, didn’t fall. I looked up to meet Bridget and her leg out for me to trip over. I growled lowly but then a hand met my shoulder.

"Orla, hey." It was Kendal.

"Oh, hey Kendal. Good morning." I greeted with a smile and I could clearly see Bridget scowl. Alfie was right, moving on fast is the greatest punishment for betrayers plus it was a fun punishment as you don’t have to do nothing but move on.

"Morning, how are you?" She looked concerned and I couldn’t blame her. I had band aids on my neck and face.

"I’m fine, come off it. It's just a scratch."

"You sure?" She confirmed.

"Yeah, I’ve gotten them treated just in case there are any germs or diseases." I said loud enough for my ex-bestie to hear and she did as stormed our way.

"My fingers should be treated from even touching a hair on your body." Claudia sneered. Kendal wanted to stand up for me as snickers rose close and wide but I lifted my palm and moved closer to Claudia, stepping in her space.

"Oh please, your fingers would need treatment because my flawless and beautiful hair would do more good to those filthy fingers of yours talk more off you."

The rate at how calm my voice was even stung me.  Her eyes blazed fire I know what was coming next so I caught her hand from hitting me.

"I wouldn’t want your own bacteria eating you up, would I now?" I let her hand go then adjusted my hair out of my face. "Pathetic, I wouldn’t want another detention, you have enough red marks on your reports. Run along Claudia and Bridget….help her with tail." I referred to the fuming blonde and dumb brunette before rushing to my locker so I won’t get tardy.

Kendal rushed beside me following me to class. "That...was hot." She rushed out as we took our seats. I let out the breath I’d been holding.

"I’m known for hiding my true emotions best." I said smugly.

"I knew you were nervous but fuck shit, you were amazing. How you stepped in her space and gave her come backs she’d have to wait till she’s eighty to reply." I laughed.

"Shut up." And she did but it wasn’t because I said anything instead our teacher came in.

Kendal left for her class while I took my time to go to home room. As I stepped out of class, I stepped in front of Cyril. I was about side stepping him when he pulled me into the class and locked the door.

"Cyril." I was ready for everything and anything from Bridget and Claudia but I feel I have not entirely moved on from Cyril.

He grabbed my face and kissed me. I was shocked, yes. So I stepped back and withdrew. "Cyril, stop." I told him.

He ran his hand through his hair. "There’s nothing stopping us now. Claudia isn’t my girlfriend anymore and I’m in not a relationship what so ever. All that’s left is for us to be together."

I stared at him for a while. Just hoping for something or someone to save me from this. I am seriously not ready to talk to him. "I’m sorry Cyril but….I’ve moved on." The way I said it was obvious, I was trying to convince my own self.

"What are you saying?" He asked stepping closer.

"I moved on Cyril. I mean it’s been nine years, close to ten now, it’s just not the same anymore." I stated confidently but I was trembling inside.