Chapter 21

Kal and I are in his convertible, his hand intertwined with mine. I wonder how Lewis felt when I told him I had  plans. I’ve replaced mine and Lewis' day with ‘Iris'. It’s the name Caleb and I decided to call the cabin.

I really hope I didn't hurt Lew's feelings, who am I kidding? I hurt his feelings. He was trying to fix things that’s going way down the drain with us and I blew him off.

I felt the back of my intertwined  hand being kissed. I looked towards Kal and he looked at me for a brief minute before looking back at the road. "What is it?" He asked. "You’ve signed at least six times and I’ve squeezed your hand more times than that but you are still thinking. Tell me what’s wrong."

I let out a breath from my mouth. "It’s nothing Caleb." I said.

It is now his turn to sigh. "Don’t lie to me." He scolded so I told him what was on my mind. "Let's talk about this later and you need to rest." He said casually.

He’s the one who needs rest not me, I only went to the mall to get some clothing and stationary in ten minutes, It’s not that hard. But I didn’t argue with him.

We were moving on foot, Kal had me on his torso, my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. "Couldn’t you have woken me up to walk ?" I protested but he kept mute and kept walking. "C’mon Caleb you’re carrying our bags too, the least I could do is walk." I kept saying but he ignored me. "Caleb." I whined.

"I’m not complaining." He finally replied. The sun seems to be closer to the west side thus it’s evening already. Kal paused and I heard the small gate open and he stepped in with me still on him.

Once we reached the porch of the cabin, he at me on the chair there then left to open the cabin doors. "Thank you." I murmured. He left while I stayed and  enjoyed the cool breeze outside here. I’d started to fall asleep when I felt the chair lean into the other side so I opened my eyes.

Kal had gone and taken a bath and changed into something more comfortable. "Hey." I greeted.

"Tell me why you passed on the offer of going out with your brother?" He asked instead then I looked away to the lake.

"Because I wanted to be with you, plus I didn’t plan it."

"You never needed to plan a day out with Lewis, meaning you’re mad at him." He concluded.

"I’m not, I just didn’t…." I met a dead end as I came blank.

"Didn’t what?"

"He said something that got on my nerve is all. Why are we even talking about this? You said we don’t need to worry here." He stared at me for a while before looking away.

"Orla, I need some certain answers from you and I need you to be honest with me." He called me Orla meaning he’s serious.

"What is it? Ask me, I’ll tell you." I answered worried for him.

"Okay…" He started then turned to me. "Not that I’m complaining." He met gaze. "You asked this question but I’m rephrasing it. Why do you let me keep kissing you, Orla? Back at the party, when I chose you as the girl I liked and as my crush, you let me kiss you, and when we got here? We made out and you just let it happen, back in your room and before the game and all other ones here and there, why?" He paused to show his emphasis. "Now It’s confusing me. Are you doing it because I like you and have crushed on you for a long time or you’re just using me as a friend with benefit, why do you let it happen?" He finished.

My heart began to pound, I didn't know where to start from but I did anyways. "At first, honestly, it was because it made me forget my worries, when I kiss you, I get light headed. But later, it became something more, something with feelings because I realized that I am falling for you. I could never use you, I didn’t even think we were friends any more." I took his hands in mine as I met his gaze. "I like you so much it hurts. When you’re not there I itch for you, when Lewis said we wouldn’t work it got my blood boiling. I’m not ready to even face him." A small frown marred my expression.