Chapter 18

I couldn’t get the events of yesterday out of my head. Mother and Lewis didn’t ask questions when I got back home and I appreciate that. How do I lie about studying when I didn’t even open a book.

I just kept thinking about Kal and his words, he’s so sweet and he makes me very happy. I have just two subjects today, everyone starts with one subject and then the tests begin.

I quickly put my books away and got ready to leave for my hall. On my way in the busy herd of students, I got dragged out of the herd.

"What the..." I slammed into a body and a palm covered my mouth almost as if they knew I was going to scream. 

I recognized the body and scent. "Good morning Angel." I suddenly felt very happy, like giddy happy. He wrapped his lean arms around me in response. "I missed you." He said again into my neck.

"Good morning to you too Caleb. We have to head for our assigned halls." I told him hugging back.

"Yeah, I know. I just wanted a good luck kiss." I shook my head in disbelief at him. Classic Caleb.

I stood on my toes and pecked his cheek. "Good luck." He then let me slip out of his hold and go to my hall.

It’s goofy face all over again just, this time it’s Caleb who is behind the smile not Cyril. I smiled like a fool as I entered the almost occupied hall and went to where my sit number said to go.

Kendal’s seat was three columns from mine so we  managed a wave at each other before tests official started. The first paper was Basic Mathematics as usual.

After twenty five whole minutes of Calculation, I finally am done with my test. Kendal went out a few minutes before I did.

"You have a lot of explaining to do." We both chorused upon seeing each other. We both paused then watched the other as if waiting for the other to go first. "You first." We said together again. Then we laughed.

"You have to explain what happened with Kal at his special place." I turned red from the memory alone.

"Yes. I even need your help with that and you dear sister have to explain 'he proposed'." She now turned red. She closed her book and sighed quietly.

"Ellis and I have been dating for three years now." I wanted to tell her 'I knew' that but she hates when her storytelling is interrupted. "It’s a tradition that I go study with him since he’s....bright. So as usual, I went on Friday to his place to study. We’d gone through Mathematics and Calculus when he told me he had somewhere to take me. I was happy to go anywhere then cause I was tired of studying. He took me out. We had lunch at the restaurant we’d gone on our first date." She laughed lightly.

She took a pause reliving the memory. "I thought it was our anniversary but it wasn’t, we had that a few months ago, in November last year. Then we drove down to a stadium. He told me to try remember what the place meant to us. It turned out to be the place we first met, like ever, then Kal came and told us never be with each other. But Ellis grew balls to asked me out three months after that. He showered me with praises, I was still drunk emotionally on how sweet he was to me till he got down on one  knee and popped the question. In all honestly, I fainted." I hands down laughed at that, she did too.

"But by the time I woke, we were back at his place. He was so worried that he asked too early that I can wait as long as I wanted to give him an answer but I couldn’t wait any longer to be called his or for him to be mine alone so I said yes then he kissed me and well, we made love for the first time in our relationship." She concluded with a shrug. I was so happy her, I give her a hug.

"Awwn, congratulations Kendal. I’m so very happy for you. I hope you have a long and the happiest life with Ellis."

"Thank you, Orla." She said adjusting her hair but I didn’t see a ring on her finger.