29) He's Gone

(Slight homophobia⚠️ And angst)

The shots echoed in his ear even through the protective head gear he wore. His hand was steady but not as it normally would be. He had too much on his mind and it was affecting his skills.

What was this feeling in his heart? Whatever it was, it wasn't allowing him to shoot properly and that frustrated him. He was about to put the weapons down until someone stopped him.

"You came." The pink haired said when he turned around.

"You called." The other said in return.

"You're not going to give up that easily are you?" His voice rang in his ears as he referred to Hyunjin putting his gun down.

"The gun doesn't seem to want to do what I want it to. I'm normally a perfect shot." The pink haired male said.

"I know, I've see you." Changbin came up behind him and raised Hyunjin's hands to the target again.

He was so close Hyunjin felt his breath on his neck, his back was against his chest and his strong arms wrapped around Hyunjin's hands steadying the gun for him.

"Come on, concentrate, I know you can still shoot perfectly even with a lot on your mind." Changbin said and Hyunjin's breathing slowed. He couldn't possibly concentrate with the older this close to him.

Changbin's face was right next to Hyunjin's, his hands on his hands as he helped Hyunjin shoot his shot. The bullet hit the exact centre and Hyunjin had a wide smile on his face. He was a perfect shot, but his mind couldn't seem to concentrate.

"I knew you could do it." Changbin said with a smile that made Hyunjin want to melt.

"Thanks." Hyunjin said shyly. Changbin was always able to make him feel all weird and fuzzy inside.

"I'm sorry I called you, I don't really know what I was thinking." Hyunjin said. He called Changbin about 10 minutes ago because he was feeling like shit and it seemed only he could help.

"Hey, don't apologise. I'm here whenever you need me, okay? Now tell me what's wrong." Changbin said and both of them sat down in the seating area.

"It's like, all my life whoever I loved never seemed to love me back. It sounds stupid I know, but I keep thinking that there's something wrong with me." Hyunjin said. He had been feeling like this for a really long time and needed to tell someone.

"What do you mean Jinnie? Wasn't it only Felix?" Changbin asked and Hyunjin shook his head.

"No. I heard you were there when I kissed Chan." Hyunjin said and Changbin nodded.

"I kissed him because... I had loved him for years before I even met Felix." Changbin's eyes widened. This was new. And a little shocking.

"W-what?" Changbin barely whispered and Hyunjin nodded again.

"I loved Chan for about 6 years. We were only friends first but then I started seeing him as more than that. Then I knew I was catching feelings for him. Every little thing he did mattered to me. He made me happy, he was there for me, we had each other. But he never saw me as anything more than that." Hyunjin started and Changbin listened intently.

"I fell in love with him. I didn't want to, but I did. And he was so, so damn blind. I would just look at him and I would be scared because of what I would do for him. He was like a drug and I was so addicted. I wanted to be high off him. I wanted to give him my everything. But like I said, he saw me as nothing more than a brother. And it broke me. And I drank so much Binnie, I drank a lot and I was on the verge of becoming an alcoholic because...... because swallowing alcohol was easier than swallowing the fact that he was never going to be mine." Hyunjin was crying by now and Changbin hated seeing tears in his eyes. He had no idea Hyunjin felt this way about his brother and now, knowing hurts.