46. Waltz In Her Heart

The crowd started disappearing once the dinner was served, and last glasses of champagne were downed. Clouds outside melted apart, letting open the lap of a star filled night. The people who stayed back were now sitting round the orchestra pit, hearts swollen from youth of their dreams. Laughter danced with the fluttering music that floated out of the instruments. Hyunjin couldn't keep his eyes from Yeseul. He was spellbound by love. His smile reached his eyes.

"I honestly can't stand for too long now." Soji chuckled, looking at the group. Jeongin taking in the situation rushed off, the crowd swallowing him. Hyunjin held her by her hand, his brotherly concern floating on his brows. Soji smiled wide. "You look like I'm about to pass out."

"Hey." Hyunjin softly nudged her. "I could let you stand all by yourself if that makes things better?" The mischief was back, and Soji appreciated it so much. She felt closer. As if all the walls had now finally broken apart, and she was back to being his sister.

"I'm here." Jeongin was back with a wheelchair. "You should've been using this from the beginning. But of course you are way too stubborn to accept help." He put his arms around her, helping her in the seat. Yeseul didn't realise she was smiling while looking at the pair. Too adorable.

"You guys need to accept that you are dating." Yeseul exclaimed. Jeongin's eyes were twice as big. Soji turned rosey.

Jeongin raised a finger, stuttering. "Oh well, um- YOU and Hyunjin. You guys are not being very sneaky either. Why aren't you two official?"

Yeseul felt the karma turn her face beet red. She stole a look of Hyunjin, who was deeply amused. He raised a brow at her, arms folded. His lips turned up in a shy smile, yet he didn't look away.

"I see. Is that how you are trying to change the topic?" Yeseul spoke back. Soji and Hyunjin were clearly enjoying spectating them argue in this manner.

"All the couples, please step on the floor." A man's voice broke across the hall. Heads turned, eyes met, hesitant hands reached out, and in the midst of it, Hyunjin and Yeseul stood, hearts in a low thump.

"Show some guts, coward." Jeongin teased Yeseul, and pushed Soji towards the floor despite her complains.

A heavenly wash of notes turned the room silent. Jeongin pulled Soji up, his eyes seeking her thoughts. She smiled, nodding, and the two moved onto the centre, hands delicate around waist, shivering in core at the sight they held, and how now they were sewing a night of deep adoration.

Yeseul's lips were apart, eyes glowing at how heavenly the two looked. Like ripples on water, their bodies merged in ways that formed art.

Hyunjin swallowed the knot in his throat. He slipped his hand in hers, tugging her towards the spotlight. Yeseul felt a fluttering settle between her shoulder blades. Hyunjin turned to face her, eyes holding pools of deep longing. She couldn't look away. He pressed his palm on her lower back, sending a million shivers through her. Their chests were touching, and their feet worked along the room, in circles, and in this moment Hyunjin felt his heart swell for the girl in his eyes. Yeseul was awestruck. She looked at him as though he was impossible. The throbbing in her heart, all from a boy she had healed with. If Yeseul could close her eyes, she could imagine a glowing, spilling, flower crawling around their bodies, making them turn one in this moment of night where worries had no meaning.

"You have stolen my heart." Hyunjin whispered, his lips so close to hers.

Yeseul could look at him with only enchantment. She was a slave to all he said, all he made her feel. He tugged at her, bringing her closer.

A soft smile unfurled on Yeseul's faces. "Finders keepers."

"You are quite bold for someone who is a criminal."

"Pressing charges now? Tell me then, what do you want, kind sir?"

"You."

Yeseul felt lightheaded. She laughed softly, eyes shying away to look at all the joy around them. Hyunjin couldn't push back at smile either. "I'm not joking." He tried looking serious.

"What do you want my reply to be?" Yeseul looked him in the eye, regretting at once because God, was he beautiful.

"I'm yours." A soft glint shone in his gaze. Yeseul felt her feet almost losing coordination with the music. "That's what I need to hear. It's not that difficult."

"I'm yours." Yeseul felt her breath get stuck in her lungs. Hyunjin slowed down, the subtle grin on his face speaking volumes.

"Pardon? I couldn't hear you over the music."

"I'm yours... All yours."

Hyunjin's heart was loud enough to play the absolute nervousness in his ears. The world around them fell apart piece by piece. She was an artist's first love, the melody of a heartsick soul, the relief over a sick man's body. And she was there, saying those words. To him. He stood still, holding her hand, the along with music following the two, they were rushing off of the dance floor.

"Where are they going?" Soji muttered to Jeongin.

"That part is none of our business." His facial expressions said all that Soji needed to know. "It's rated R. I can imagine that much."

This reply earned a soft hit. "Why the hell would you imagine that now?"