-14-

————— Percy's POV: —————

A sharp and painful gasp filled my lungs as I sat straight up, tears immediately filling my eyes as a multitude of pains made themselves known to me.

I was on the ground, the world around me was loud as fire crackled, the sounds of metal getting crushed echoed around me, though those were nothing compared to the screams. I was in the middle of the street, the bright light from above me hurt my eyes.

My head hurt like nothing I could imagine, it felt like a battle was happening, the pressure was like nothing I'd ever felt before. I brought a hand to my head as I pushed myself up of the hot ground. What was happening?

I looked around the area I was in, trying my best to push past the pain that made my gaze unsteady. Eventually the fuzziness around my gaze lessened, everything becoming clearer. I was in the small town outside the cave, except now everything was messed up, wrong even. People screamed and ran, monsters chased them, massive creatures like I'd heard of from Hippolyta.

My first thought was how did I get here? Last I remembered I was back in the cave, I had just finished talking to Batman and I was thinking about just how much of a nightmare he must be to deal with. Then suddenly I'm here.

Another blinding strike of pain ruptured through my head, a strangled yell escaping my throat as my knees threaten to give out. My chest rose and fell quickly as I tried to keep my breathing steady.

I looked to the ground. Not to far from me was a sword that looked awfully familiar. My eyes widened as I realized it was the sword Aphrodite had promised to get me. I pushed the pain aside, trying to put my attention on the sword. I walked over, the pain in my ankle somehow gone. Maybe it was my quick healing at work again.

I picked up the sword and was shocked at the perfection I felt from its balance. The sword fit like a puzzle piece I was missing. It completed my stance.

A sudden cry snapped me from my thoughts. I turned to see a woman shielding a child from an attacking monster, the creature having raised a massive club as it looked like it was going to bash the duo. My boy moved on instinct.

The next thing I knew I behind the ogre like creature, my sword slicing clean through its leg, but as I slashed the image changed, the ogre momentarily became a robot with multiple metallic legs, the club morphing into two metallic legs, the golden blood shifting to raging sparks as the creature let out an ear splitting sound that sounded like a mixture of an ogre scream and the sounds of an angry computer, the two making for an ear piercing noise.

I grabbed my head again, another round of fuzziness coating my vision as the thing collapsed deciding on the image of an ogre.

"Thank you!" I turned to see the woman and child I'd saved, the two looking extremely thankful as they turned and ran.

I wanted to ask them what was happening, why this quaint town Id grown to quickly like was suddenly in shambles but they were too quickly gone for me to ask them much of anything.

"PERCY" another piercing pain, this one sending me to the ground as a wave of nausea hit me. The pain becoming to bad my body was physically reacting trying any method it could to rid itself of the pain. I shut my eyes, trying to do anything to clear the pain. "LISTEN TO ME"

I opened my eyes and looked around. No one was around me, the street I was on was one I now recognized to be a less populated street, a flipped car sat a few feet away from me, a fire spewing smoke burned on its hood. Who was speaking to me. I couldn't think over the pain, the only thing coming to me was the familiarity. I knew this voice.