"Disappointed"

I changed the age in New Kid to around 8, because I remember what my entire grade was like at 11 years old, and they were nothing even similar to how Ballister acted or looked. To be fair, I don't live in an animated world but deal with it. So yeah, he'll be like a year older in this cause it just doesn't seem right that Ballister would do shit like this the first year.
Ok, so with that most likely useless information gathered, continue on reading folks.

"Hey, Bal..." Ambrosius whispered in an attempt not to wake any other kids.
"Bal."
"Bal."
"Ballister."
"Bal." Ambrosius gently shook him.
"Hmm...?" Ballister rubbed his eyes as he woke up.
"Ambrosius...?" Ballister yawned.
"Bal, come on. Wanna explore?" Ambrosius tapped the edge of Ballister's bed frame frantically.
"What time is it...?" Ballister groaned.
"It's 4 in the morning." Ambrosius smiled.
"Noo...." Ballister mumbled tiredly.
"Ballister, pleaseeee..." Ambrosius begged.
"I swear, it'll be fun." Ambrosius shook Ballister once again.
Ballister grumbled.
"Ugh...fine..." Ballister groaned as he plopped out of bed.
Ambrosius was silently hopping up and down.
Ballister pushed his long bedhead hair out of his eyes.
Ambrosius grabbed Ballister's hand and dragged him out of the orphanage.
Ambrosius looked around to stay clear of guards or the director.
Once he made sure everything was clear, still grabbing Ballister's hand tightly, ran toward the open city.
"I found this last time I snuck out." Ambrosius ran faster dragging Ballister behind him.
"Last time!?"
"How many times have you snuck out!?" Ballister sounded completely baffled.
"Umm...I don't remember. A couple of times at least." Ambrosius shrugged.
"What? You've never been caught?" Ballister started to get invested in Ambrosius's shenanigans.
"Nope, not even once!" Ambrosius announced proudly.
"And I plan on keeping that streak." Ambrosius jokes.
"This is what I wanted to show you!" Ambrosius stops running but doesn't let go of his hand.
"It's Gloreth's statue?" Ballister asks confused.
"Yesss, but look." Ambrosius let go of Ballister's hand and ran even closer to the statue. He jumped up and grabbed the top of the high ledge where the statue was placed.
The large golden statue was placed above a stack of 2 large blocks.
"Bal!" Ambrosius waved to him to get up there.
Ballister hesitated but ended up following Ambrosius.
He jumped up and pulled himself up onto the first block.
"What are we even doing?" Ballister asked.
"I wanna show you something!" Ambrosius leaped up onto the second block. Ballister quickly followed with.

Ambrosius swiftly climbed up the golden statue, but Ballister. He may or may not have had a fear of heights. Especially as a 9-year-old child.
After a while, they had made it up to the shoulder.
Ambrosius stood close to the ledge not fearing the tall height.
Ballister sat back as far from the ledge as possible.
"Hey, Bal-!" Ambrosius was calling Ballister over when he noticed Ballister hugging himself tight. His long hair made his shaking more visible.
"Hey, Bal? We can go back down." Ambrosius offered him.
"No-No! It's fine, just what were you going to show me?" Ballister asked.
Ambrosius looked at him in concern.
Ambrosius stood up and lent a hand toward Ballister.
Ballister instantly shot up and wrapped himself around Ambrosius's arm.
Ambrosius gently lead them both to the hilt of the sword. Ballister hesitantly walked down the sword with Ambrosius, tightly grabbing onto his arm.
They both sat down around the end of the sword.
Ballister was still hugging on tight, maybe even cutting off Ambrosius's circulation.
"This is what I wanted to show you!" Ambrosius smiled and pointed in the direction of the sword.
Ballister peeked open one eye and looked forward.
Ballister stared in awe and even started to loosen his grip on Ambrosius's arm.
"Woah..."
As the sun rose from the horizon, the light highlighted their faces.
"You can't see it from the orphanage." Ambrosius narrowed his eyes as the light rose past his nose.
Ballister on the other was in awe, his eyes getting almost puppy-eyed.
Ballister snapped out of his trance.
"Wait! Don't we need to get back to the orphanage!?" Ballister flinched.
"Yeah, maybe we should head back now." Ambrosius stood up once again offering Ballister his hand to hold. Ballister out of his trance made him just as afraid of heights as before.

As they climbed down. Ambrosius kept looking up at Ballister making sure he was fine. This was the first time he discovered Bal didn't like heights.
Every step of the way he kept asking Bal if he needed help.
Of course every single time Ballister replied with a 'No', but that didn't stop Ambrosius from asking continually.

"Bal!?" Ambrosius yelled as he landed on the second block.
"No!" Ballister immediately yelled back. Ambrosius waited for Ballister to make it down.

Ballister soon plopped onto the second block with Ambrosius.
"You did it!" Ambrosius cheered.
Ballister jumped down to the first block, then onto the ground. Ambrosius hopped along with him.
"Come on, let's get back." Ambrosius grabbed Ballister's hand happily.

Soon the two arrived at the orphanage. Ambrosius looked around making sure the guards couldn't see them.
Once they were in the guard's blind spots, Ambrosius and Ballister made a run for the doors.
Ambrosius and Ballister quickly shut the doors.
"Yay! We made it!" Ambrosius cheered.
"Yay." Ballister panted out happily.

"Boys."

Ambrosius and Ballister paused as they heard a sharp female tone.
They slowly turned around cautiously.
They saw the director glaring at them.
"What we're you boys thinking?" The director snapped at them.
"Ballister."
Ballister jumped. He stared at the director frightened.
"I have made it very clear not to waste your one chance to make a difference."
Ballister's body slumped down. He already knew what this meant.
"Ballister, I have no choice but to-"
"It wasn't Bal! I made him sneak out with me!" Ambrosius yelled from behind.
"Don't kick him out!"
"He deserves to be a knight, I promise," Ambrosius begged as he now stood between Ballister and the director.
"Ambrosius Goldenloin." The director spoke harshly.
"You made Ballister sneak out of the orphanage together?"
Ambrosius swallowed down his fear.
"Yes ma'am," Ambrosius spoke out.
"I would've never expected such a be from you."
Ambrosius nodded his head, he clenched his hands closed as he stared at the ground.

"Gloreth would be disappointed."

Ballister saw Ambrosius's body cocking up every so slightly when the director said it. His clenched hands opened up. But his head still faced the ground.
"Go to your rooms, you two will be staying in said rooms till tomorrow." Director pointed.
"Come on. Let's go." Ambrosius grabbed Ballister's hand and walked away.
Upon grabbing Ambrosius's hand, Ballister felt how shaky his hands were.

Once they entered the rooms and the doors were locked and shut, Ballister spoke up.
"Ambrosius...? Don't listen to her, she's wrong..." Ballister told him nervously.
Ambrosius paused.
He turned around to look at Ballister.
Ballister was shocked.
Ambrosius, the most cheerful kid around had tears welling up in his eyes.
"Ambrosius..." Ballister reached out one of his hands to Ambrosius when Ambrosius fell onto him.
Ambrosius placed his head onto Ballister's shoulder and hugged onto him as if his life depended on it.
Ballister heard Ambrosius sniffle and felt the tears soak into his shirt. Ballister sat down against the door as Ambrosius hugged him tight.

He'd lay there all day if it that's what it took to make Ambrosius feel better.