Sick Day

Ambrosius woke up to the annoying sound of a blaring alarm.
He felt one side of the bed dipping down as he woke up.
He sat up upright against the headboard.
He noticed Ballister was awake.
Ambrosius moved over toward Ballister as quickly and lightly as he could.
He wrapped his arms around Ballister and rested his head on his shoulder.
Ballister jumped from the sudden touch.
"Hey, Bal." Ambrosius yawned.
"What time is it?"
"6:30," Ballister replied.
"Did you get any sleep?" Ambrosius moved one of his hands and placed it on Bal's neck.
He placed a few light kisses on Bal's neck that made the dark-haired knight shudder upon the touch.
"I got enough," Ballister answered gentling leading Ambrosius away from his neck.
Ambrosius was skeptical.
Ambrosius moved the hand on the neck toward Ballister's forehead.
"Bal, are you okay?" Ambrosius the back of his hand onto Ballister's forehead.
Instead of answering, Ballister only nodded, seeming really exhausted as well.
"Bal, you have a fever."
"Trust me, Ambrosius, I'm fine." Ballister brushed off Ambrosius's hands. Ballister stood up and turned around to face Ambrosius who was still sitting on the bed.
"See, I'm fin..-" Ballister felt his knees weaken as he started the fell forward.
"Bal!" Ambrosius quickly got up to catch him.
"Come on, let's get you on the bed," Ambrosius says worriedly.
He didn't try to fight back, most likely because he was too tired to do so anyway.
"I'll go get some painkillers." Ambrosius walked out of the room.

"Hey, Blondie." Nimona seemed to just appear out of nowhere once again. Something Ambrosius and Ballister have learned to get used to it.
"Hm?" Ambrosius hummed as he reached for the painkillers.
"Where's boss?"
"Oh Bal, he has a fever." Ambrosius faced Nimona as he closed the cabinet.
"I'm just grabbing him some painkillers."
"Oh." Nimona expressed with hints of sadness.
"You okay?" Ambrosius asked her with uncertainty.
"I've never seen boss get sick before."
"Is he okay?" Nimona asked.
"This one seems pretty high," Ambrosius told her.
"But he'll be fine," Ambrosius reassured her.
Nimona let out a sigh of relief.
"I'm going to go check on him, feel free to come in. Just don't bother him or something, I'm trying to let him rest for the day." Ambrosius told her.
"I'll check up with him later. I just found a dead squirrel outside." Nimona rushed to get out the door.
Ambrosius was also used to her Nimona-ness.

The door creaked a bit as he opened it.
Ballister was moving and shifting around quite a bit in the bed.
And as Ambrosius approached closer, he noticed Ballister's expression being one of anguish.
"Bal." Ambrosius gently nudged Ballister.
Ballister opened his eyes to look at Ambrosius. He sat up beside him.
"Here." Ambrosius handed Ballister the pills and some water.
Ballister took both and swallowed the pills.
Ballister made a face of disgust at the sour and bitter taste of the pills. A face Ambrosius always laughed at.
"Just rest for today, I'll check on you every now and then." Ambrosius gently pushed Ballister back down.
Ballister just nodded as he turned onto his side and closed his eyes.
Ambrosius stood up and walked out of the room.

Ambrosius left Ballister alone to rest for the day.
Every few hours he would always go check up on him, making sure if he need anything or just making sure he was okay.
Until Ambrosius also fell asleep on the couch.

"Hey, Blondie."
Ambrosius was woken up by a not-so-gentle shove.
"Ow!"Ambrosius picked himself off the floor.
"Where's boss?" Nimona asked.
"What?" Ambrosius stood up confused. Maybe he hit his head too hard on the floorboards.
"He's in our bedroom," Ambrosius told her.
"Yeah, I checked. He's not there." Nimona told him.
"What?" Maybe Nimona didn't see him.

Ambrosius looked around the bedroom.
"See, he's not here." Nimona replied to the frantic Ambrosius.
Maybe he's in the bathroom?
Ambrosius moved around the house frantically.
"Blondie, I've searched this entire place. Even as a rat. Heck even as a roach man."
"He's not here," Nimona told him slightly worried.
"Where else would he be?" Ambrosius placed a hand on his head as he gripped his hair.

Ambrosius and Nimona walked back to the living room.
Maybe they missed something.
They arrived at the living area when they heard the door open.
"Ballister!"
"Boss!"
Ambrosius and Nimona both sighed in relief.
Ballister flinched at the sudden yells, especially Ambrosius saying his full name.
"Where were you!?" Ambrosius yelled as he rested his hands on Ballister's shoulders.
"I just went for a walk." Ballister yawned.
"You should be resting for at least today." Ambrosius kisses Ballister's forehead every so slightly annoyed.
Ambrosius picks up the tired Ballister off his feet into a bridal position.
"Hey!"
"I can walk!" Ballister quickly wakes up to the sudden change in position.
Ambrosius plops Ballister onto the couch from across the door.
Ambrosius walks out of the living room.
Ballister and Nimona both equally look at each other in confusion. Nimona stares back at him and just shrugs her arms.
Ambrosius walks back and throws a blanket onto Ballister.
"If you're not going to get some sleep, let's just watch something altogether," Ambrosius tells them both his idea. Nimona smiles widely.
"I'm picking the movie!" Nimona snatches the remote as Ambrosius cuddles close to Ballister under the blanket.
Ballister lied his head onto Ambrosius's shoulder.
"Zombies!" Nimona announces in such dramatics.
She crawls into the blanket as a rat then shifts into a cat form from underneath the blanket. She popped out her furry head from underneath the blanket and snuggled along with Ballister and Ambrosius.
"Doesn't this franchise have like 16 movies?" Ambrosius asked while he laughs.
"Hey! These are some of the best-quality movies ever. Don't be a bummer." Nimona claws at Ambrosius.
"Ok! Ok!" Ambrosius laughs nervously.
Ballister laughs at Ambrosius's nervousness.

"Everyone shush, the best movie you'll ever see is starting!"