7. Thank You

I arrived to a strangely empty house with a note on the table. It read;
Had to go to a conference in New York last minute. I hope you don't
mind. I'll be back by Wendsday, I left money in an envelope if you
need it. Stay safe, I love you!!!!xoxoxoxoxoxo
Love,
Mom
I had a silent celebration before dropping my bag, grabbing chocolate, and turning Netflix on. I love my mom, don't get me wrong but Iove being to myself once and awhile, so it's the perfect week for me. I put Mean Girls on and snuggled under a blanket. This is the life, I thought as I started the movie. Perfect Friday night.

~~~~Three hours later~~~~
I was in the middle of Mean Girls 2 when I heard a loud banging on the front door. I nearly jumped off the couch. Who the hell was knocking on my door at 11?! I grabbed my phone and walked to the door slowly. I was within arms reach of kitchen knifes so I was ok. I opened the door and let out my breath at the familiar sight of Calum. I gasped when I looked up at him. He had a cut on his lip and a black bruise forming on the side of his chin. He seemed out of breath and sick, with an apologetic and lost look on his face. His hair was flat and sticking to his head with sweat. "Oh god" was all he said before he covered his mouth and looked away. I grabbed him and closed the door, bringing him to the bathroom. He went straight to the toilet and I went to the kitchen. Why was he here? Why didn't he go home??? Again, why me??? I got a wash cloth and rinsed it in cool water. I always knew what to do since I was always the first aid at all parties. I quickly grabbed the band aids and first aid kit and went back to the bathroom. He was sitting against the wall across from the toilet, with his eyes closed. He leaned his head back and sighed. I stepped in front of him and kneeled down, ending up sitting in between his legs. He definitely knew I was there but he still kept his eyes closed. "Cal, look at me" I instructed. He shook his head slightly, putting his head higher. I carefully avoided his bruise and pulled his head down. I winced when I saw a deep gash above his right eyebrow. He had a pained look on his face, and it made me want to cry. It was as if he was holding back tears. "it's ok" I whispered before grabbing the wash cloth and holding it there. "Hold that there" he nodded and looked, staring  at me as I cleaned his face up. I was almost positive that he needed stitches for the one above his eyebrow, but it stopped bleeding thankfully. I grabbed a damp gauze and lightly worked on his lip. I bit my lip in concentration and got all of the blood off. I looked back up to see that Calum was staring straight at me. Before I knew it we were leaning in. I stopped and pulled away. That was not how our first kiss was gonna go.. He's drunk for gods sake. "No" I laughed and pointed to his still red lip. He grinned and I got up. I helped him up and he winced as a look of pain washed over his face. "You ok?" I asked worriedly. "Wanna lay down? Or get some water?"
"Both" he whispered. I nodded and made my way to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle before leading him and helping him to my room. I grabbed a whole bunch of pillows and lined them up. Calum sat down and kicked off his shoes before stretching out on the bed.
"Ok, you have to lay on your side cause if you have to throw up you can choke. And plus I have to monitor your breathing so you can use those pillows to keep you on your side." He nodded and flipped to his side, facing me. I was truly exhausted but I was too nervous to let my self to fall asleep. "I'm going to change behind you. Don't look" he nodded slightly as I walked to my drawer and grabbed my pjs I was slightly embarrassed since they were a pair of sheep pants and an old All Time Low tee. I sighed and turned back around only to see a bare back facing away from me. I walked back around the bed and nearly tripped over his pants and shirt that were scattered around. I felt his eyes on me instantly and I felt a little self conscious for some reason. I gained my balance again and turned the lights down before getting in bed across from him. We sat in silence staring at each other. I found myself examining his muscular chest and the tattoos that decorated it. It suddenly became freezing as the wind howled creepily outside. I snuggled deeper into the covers, shivering. I've always gotten cold easily so it was no surprise. "Fuck it's cold" I whispered to myself a little too loud.
"Come here" calum motioning me towards him but I shook my head.
"Come on I'm not going to kill you. I owe you for not leaving me out to bleed and die so the least I can do is keep you warm for a night"
"No really I'm fine" I protested but at the same moment a breeze came and I realized a window was open. I shivered even harder and held onto the blanket.
"Well I'm coming to you then." He scooted closer and basically towered over my body with his. I could basically feel the heat burning off of him.
"God, you're warm" I snuggled a little closer and sighed. I jumped a little when he wrapped his arms around me and held me against his chest. It felt so good..
"Thank you" I whispered and looked up at him.
"I thought I would never say this but... Thank you.. For everything."