Chapter 62: The Future

After their second public performance, Uprising continued to spread their message. It wasn't long before they went from a former successful underground dance club to a global internet sensation.

It was after their fifth performance that people started petitioning for them to be able to perform without the danger of being arrested. They were trending on every social media platform imaginable.

During that time, the volleyball season began and Atsumu played his debut game. By the time the game was finished and the Jackals won, Atsumu had gained the biggest fan-base of the entire team. He was bombarded with reporters wanting to interview him after the match, but none of them even got close since Sakusa's steelly glare froze them on the spot before they could even try. Atsumu fit into the team like the final piece of a puzzle clicking into place, and the Jackals were suddenly unbeatable.

The music video that they'd recorded for Sakusa and Komori's assignment had earned them high marks as Atsumu had promised. The Manic crew had become closer than ever, and their nighttime shenanigans continued as usual with the addition of Sakusa tagging along every time. Sakusa was also officially initiated into Manic, and had the striking, jagged black letters tattooed onto the right side of his ribs.

As of in the present, it was four years later.

Komori and Akagi had finally officially gotten engaged at the opening ceremony of Uprising's new, legal venue - the government had caved after a year of the community and the rest of the world being absolute menaces about it. The power couple of Delirium and Frenzy had pulled a downright devastating power-move, when in the middle of their performance, Komori bent down on one knee and popped the question. Akagi had cried and dove into Komori's arms from pure happiness. They had gotten married four months later and Akagi officially became Komori Michinari.

Bokuto and Kuroo decided to finally take the plunge and actually start dating. It turned out that they'd both liked each other since high school, and their best-friends-with-benefits relationship sprouted from that among other things. Their new relationship brought an entirely new energy to the friend group - while their previous relationship status was known, they didn't really explicitly show affection towards one another. Kuroo's mother was ecstatic when they told her.

Osamu had opened up his restaurant, Onigiri Miya, with the help of Atsumu and the extra money the blonde earned from dancing for Uprising for years. Once the restaurant was open and business was booming, it wasn't long before Osamu and Suna were able to afford a nice house for the two of them. Osamu was hesitant to move out and leave Atsumu in the house but Atsumu assured him that he'd be okay.

Lev and Yaku were no longer hiding their relationship from their friends - it turned out that they had been dating since high school. The Manic crew had known about this, of course, but Lev's friends, not so much.

When Osamu moved out, Atsumu didn't really want to be alone, so Sakusa had decided that it was time that he left Komori's parents' house. There were lots of teary goodbyes, but Sakusa couldn't wait to wake up to the sight of his beautiful boyfriend every morning, and after some - very little - consideration, the newly married couple, Motoya and Michinari, moved into the old Miya residence as well after they returned from their honeymoon.

So, four years after the first performance Uprising did in the university's gymnasium, time finds Sakusa waking up in what had become his and Atsumu's shared bedroom.

Absentmindedly, Sakusa reached out for Atsumu, but grumbled when he found cold sheets instead. Sakusa begrudgingly grabbed his phone to check the time, it was nine in the morning on a Saturday. They had a game that evening, he realized, and then he remembered something important and dragged himself out of bed.